Heidelberg Lodges
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$97
US$85
Homewood Suites by Hilton New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$131
US$82
Gruene Cottages(New Braunfels)
US$286
Sleep Inn & Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$67
Lamb's Rest Inn(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$198
Gruene River Inn(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$187
Gruene Homestead Inn(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$196
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
The Resort at Schlitterbahn(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$367
All reviewscomal riverproperty sitspecan treeslanda parkunitpoolaccommodations
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I have been coming to Heidelberg lodges since I was A kid!! Me and my wife and kids come every year and have continued the tradition. We love it so much we come as many times as we can in the summer! The hospitality is great and we love patti and rose and the lodge wouldnt be the same without them. They always accommodate us any way they can! Thanks for another great summer Heidelberg

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Kkthomas
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Just back from a 3-night stay at the Heidelberg with friends. This place is like stepping back in time -- in the best possible sense. Super friendly and accommodating staff, beautiful grounds, very laid-back atmosphere. Ideal for a family getaway or a long weekend with friends.

And contra the earlier reviews, the staff was all very eager to help. We locked our keys in the room one day, and they immediately walked over and let us back in.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank MRV_Austin
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Called to reserve 4 rooms for one night, Sunday April 3. The lady who answered phone told me there was a 2-night minimum. I told her I only needed 1 night and asked if they were that full on a Sunday night in early April that they would turn me away based on policy. She said they normally don't check guests in on Sunday anyway, which is the reason for the 2-night minimum. The lady was a bit rude and I got the impression managemement doesn't really care if people stay at the hotel or not. I definitely won't try to stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Lenrod55
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Unfortunately, I didn't get to stay at this hotel. They yanked the rug out from under us at the last minute telling us that a policy existed that is clearly denoted in the opposite way on their website.

The minimum stay requirement that expires on Labor day was re-instated when I explained that I was coming down to run in a half-marathon to raise money for adoptive and foster children. Suddenly, one night would not work, and a 2-night minimum was instituted.

Crazy considering the lodge was not full and was not expected to be. I suppose they haven't fully grasped the idea that some business is better than no business...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank RoundRockTripGuy
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Our family grew up at Heidelberg Lodges and have always enjoyed them. However, the new management is rude, does not want to have business come to them, and makes it almost impossible to reserve a room. They treat people that have been coming for over 30 years as if they are a pain in their side, instead of those that return year after year. Many children have grown up there and continue to come back year after year, however now with the new management everyone we have talked with is considering not returning. Rudeness is not going to keep their doors open-but I think that is what they are aiming for. It is ashame because most families no longer recommend them to their friends-not because the cabins are old, not because of the simplicity-but because the NEW MANAGEMENT IS SO RUDE AND MAKES GETTING RESERVATIONS EVEN HARDER-THEY NEED LESSONS IN HOSPITALITY!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends