“Absolutely not worth the time or money.”

Schlitterbahn Waterpark New Braunfels
More attraction details
Owner description: Come explore over seventy acres of shared family fun, thrilling adventure, and relaxation! Schlitterbahn is nestled along the beautiful banks of the Comal River and features world-famous attractions, epic river adventures, kid’s water playgrounds, and beautiful spots to relax and share a picnic.
Denver, Colorado
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Absolutely not worth the time or money.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was the worst day of our vacation. Our son had been looking forward to this day. It was a huge disappointment. The park was filthy. A vast majority of the employees we asked for help didn't speak English and were unable to give direction. The lines meant that after 3 hours, we had only done 2 rides. The $150 we spent on tickets is salt in the wound. Usually I wait after a bad day to write a review - to try to think of one good thing, this day just didn't have anything. Avoid this park. There are lots of other things to do in the area.

5 Thank C A
Tara H, Guest Relations Manager at Schlitterbahn Waterpark New Braunfels, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us this summer! We would like a chance to make this right. Please email us at social@schlitterbahn.com so we can further discuss your visit.

New Braunfels, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“great waterpark”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This park is great, lots of fun and so many things to do from rides to different pools including a really fun wave circle pool. I can go around and around for hours.

You can bring your own lunch and leave a cooler right where you keep your things.

The only downsize is the don't give a military discount for season passes and they are just a little bit overpriced.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank CB1888
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and being a loyal patron of our waterpark! We are happy to be the local community "swimming pool" for New Braunfels! #bahnlove
Center, Texas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Super fun awesome waterpark!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Went on July the 5th. Figured it was going to be packed but this was ridiculous. The only reason I give this park 5 stars is because the water park had awesome rides and I loved how the old park was set up. I don't even know why we went over to the new side. There were people fighting over tubes and pushing. The lifeguards didn't say anything to the people pushing or cutting in line. Rode all the river rides those were AWESOME! My son was smiling and laughing the whole time. The lifeguards in the river were so nice! They asked my son for a high five each time we went down a long chute so he wouldn't be so scared I guess! The food was reasonably priced too for what you get. My husband got the chili dog and it was HUGE!!!! When I brought his plate to him his eyes got huge LOL!!! I got the chicken strips and shared with my son. We were FULL! The only problem I seen was that the soda machines kept running out and they didn't warn us that the drinks tasted disgusting and watered down before they fixed them. Didn't take long for them to fix the drinks either. Food also didn't take long to cook. Maybe 15 minutes. The only thing that really was disappointing was when we had to stand in line for the Master Blaster. We stood in line for almost 3 hours. We got to the top in like an hour and while we were on the top I don't understand what took so long. Two people go down at a time and they usually let a raft out every 30 seconds or less. Maybe it was breaking down maybe something else. I don't know but the ride was not worth it like everyone else was saying in line. My son loved it which he is only 4 so I guess it was to him. But that standing in line was horrible and we could have done alot more with that time. Other than that the park was awesome. I just wish that would start having a capacity limit. They let WAY too many people in that day.

1 Thank Kim B
Thank you submitting a review of your visit this summer. It looks like you had a mixed experience. Loved the waterpark, but had a few low points. The master blaster is our most popular ride and the line can get very long, but we are pleased to hear at the end of it all your son enjoyed riding it. In regards to the lifeguards not being helpful when people were arguing over tubes we will forward over to our operations department so they can handle it accordingly. Have a great rest of your summer! #bahnlove
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Ways to save some $ and time!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We visited the park on a Wednesday, I was later told that Saturday is a miserably busy day to go.
They allow you to bring in ice chest, with food and non-alcoholic beverages. So get there early to get a table so you don't have to rent a locker (don't waste money on a cabana). The west side of the park is older and more lax. I have an 8 &12 year old and everything on that side was ok for them. The East side is the newer side, busier, but lines weren't terribly long. Parking is FREE and there are trams that run between the two parks that are free. It's fun day for a not so terrible price! Would go here again in a heartbeat.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Hailey D
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! Happy to hear that you and your kids got to have a #bahnmoment this summer! We look forward to see you again!
COLLEGE STATION TEXAS
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Still the Hottest Coolest time in Texas”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I know it sounds corny but there slogan says a lot about Schlitterbahn, "The Hottest Coolest Time in Texas" is perfect when describing the schlitterbahn eperience. From the origional park with its riverwater slides built into the hillside, to the long 45 minute ride across the park and into the Comal River nothing can compare to a day at the Bahn. We have gone the last 16 years and plan on going the next 16 years as long as the Good Lord lets us. Look out on the new ride the Falls, it can get exciting and tumbling out of your tube if you are not prepared.

3 Thank MIKE R
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and being loyal patrons of our waterpark! #bahnlove