“Sleeping”

Days Inn New Braunfels
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Arrived on 7-24. 1st room given to me was beyond imagination in the sense of "sickening". Sheets had not been changed. Tub was filthy with a black powder substance, and finally, the toilet was not clean (Feces present). The manager (after a phone call to the front desk) assured me the "room had been cleaned". I returned to office & got a 2nd room assignment. Once again, the sheets had not been changed & the bathroom was again sickening. Piles of "red hair" in toilet....and for this I had paid $162 for two nights. Obviously, I did not stay; left this site & walked next door to "Baytown Inn"....Overall management attitude was "rooms were clean; don't stay here if you don't like it".

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JAMES C
marisa h, General Manager at Days Inn New Braunfels, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
We sincerely apologize for your experience. We take your concerns very seriously and as we hold our housekeeping to the highest standards we are not sure why you would have encountered these issues. We hope you will return to experience the improvements and many new enhancements we are in the process of making to our hotel.

Days Inn
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Called to make a reservation Friday, 7/26/2013 and the girl on the phone (I believe Carolina) very friendly and informed me that they have 6 rooms avil for 7/27/2013…she also told me that their rates are 139.99 for the night, but online I can get it through a 3rd party at 70.00 a night… So she told me to try online and if not to call back because she would hold a room for me till 12:30pm and she would get her manager to give me the online rate…. Ok… so I go online and it all shows full…. So I call back at 11:45am and a girl answer the phone, I tell her I want the room that was being held for me, she says we have NO rooms at all…. I say no you are holding for me till 12:30 today… the girl says to bad and that’s it…. I ask to speak with the manager, who comes on the line… Her last name is Holden, says she is the GM…
I explain what happened and she listens, says that they are really booked but they have 2 emergency rooms that are avil, but they are SMOKING ( like that’s a big deal) I told her well that will be fine, so she puts me on hold for about 8 mins, where I am transferred back into the call Q 2 times….
When she comes on the phone she says she rate will be the 139.99… I told her that I was told I would get the online rate if I couldn’t book online….. She says no and refuses to give me that rate, she does say during the call the she COULD give me that rate but that she won’t…. I also heard her ask the Girl that I first talked too this morning if she had told me about the online rate and I heard the girl tell her she did…
The manager then blames it on the fact that the girl is new and only been there 2 days… I don’t see how that is my fault as the consumer…. Considering I had already called and canceled my room that I had reserved somewhere else…… I ask the manager about the corporate office to file a complaint and she says they know how we work and we are privately owned… so it won’t do any good…. Well that’s just GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Room Tip: Keep in mind if you do end up at the hotel as a last result, they run their own rules and don’t care...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Camogirl86
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Your concerns have been addressed and your feedback is appreciated as it will help us to make improvements.

Days Inn

Travellers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Ciudad De Mexico
Reviewed 23 July 2013

1. Never clean the room during three days.
2. We were in three rooms.
3. Non of the Sinks in the Bathrooms worked.
4. Breakfast horrible, cold, terrible service. No juice, just muffins, waffles and thats all.
5. The breakfast served betwee 5 to 9. At 8:45 the begin taking everything out.
6. They did not put towels, soap
7. The room was very dirty, from other guest before us, and they never send anyone to clean.
8. When we called at the reception they send a DRUNK LADY, SUPPOUSLY THE HOUSE KEEPING, she was absolutely DRUNK, and DIRTY, no uniform. SHE CANNOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING. NAMEd CINDY
9. At the reception they only say they cannot do anything, they cannot do anything.
10. High speed internet functionality, connection and speed NEVER WORKED