“Lied to about Price”

Reviewed 5 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed 1 August 2014

our room was dirty, trash from previous occupants behind night stand, hair left in bathroom in shower and on floor, we stayed in 119 which was for handicap and we are not handicap, had a door for the next room and the occupants smoked all night, we had to hang our blanket up over the door to stop the smoke smell so we could sleep. We went to the pool and there was food and trash all over, and employee walked right past all the food and trash and never even attempted to pick it up, the pool and hot tub was however clean. Wish we would of known before we paid for 2 night would of left after one night. The beds were ok,, I don't think they put clean sheets on the beds. lots of rif raf around, and there was someone sleeping in their car the morning we left. On the plus side the breakfast was good. But if I were you DON'T stay here!!! we paid I think $80 a night so I guess you get what you pay for.......

Room Tip: my tip is don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We asked for no service to our room. One evening when returning to our room we found my wet towel folded back with the clean towels. The bath rug folded back. The trash bags taken out of the trash can and none put back. Beds were not made. Other personal items were moved. The next evening when returning I found $$100 missing from my suitcase. I informed the Manager and was repeatedly told "we asked for no service and no one went in there. " I wouldn't have been telling Management or excusing anyone if I had a doubt in my mind. I was still traveling and heading to Fort Worth. The amount of money taken would have helped me. The Management did nothing for me. Pretty disappointing. Do not stay here!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Family in town for one night to go to the water park got to hotel the toilet overflowed immediately.I called the manager he came in with towels to dry it up but the carpet was soaked and smelly I demanded another room. He told me I could get a refund and go somewhere else. I told him there wasn't anywhere available so I was moved downstairs to another room . Base board peeling from wall bed and pillows uncomfortable and when the air was turned on it smelled like stale cigarettes. But I only needed shelter for one night and we survived.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Room was clean and reasonably priced. Water was warm but not really hot. Vending machines kept money and office said, "Nothing we can do about it" but I am sure they were happy to get their cut when the vending company emptied the coins so take your own drinks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Marisa H, General Manager at Days Inn New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Days Inn guest Thank you for your detailed feedback we are disappointed you were not happy with your stay. We understand you had some issues with the vending area the hotel provides a vending area for the guest but unfortunately the vending machines are not property of the hotel. We do receive a 3% commission . we usually receive between $10.00-$11.00 a month not much but the service is provided for our guest not to make money we appreciate you letting us know of any money lose we do report to the vendor when the machines have a problem ,and they do come out and service the machines right away They have stated they will try to resolve the money lose issues by leaving the hotels some refund slips along with some money for refunds please except our apology and thank you for your concerns

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed here and room was big and clean! Had to check out early due to family emergency, the man at the desk was very understanding and helpful. We had a good experience here and would stay again. Really close to everything.

• Stayed: July 2014
Marisa H, General Manager at Days Inn New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Guest Thank you for visiting our Days Inn in New Braunfels and for your positive feedback
Were glad you had a pleasant stay and that no problems occurred We are always happy
to hear any feedback from our guest as it will help us strive thank you once again we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We specifically asked for a non smoking room. The room did have 2 signs in it that said non smoking however it reaked of smoke! I wonder if they just put the signs there. I looked on the wall and there was a GLADE plug in. When I called the front desk they said they would send someone with air freshener. Seriously that's it. Anyway no one ever even came with the air freshener. Not a place I would ever return to! Beds very old and uncomfortable and shortage of towels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Marisa H, General Manager at Days Inn New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. we appreciate all your concerns
please except our apology for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay
We have addressed the issues and hope that if you visit us in the future that it wont happen again
we have knew employees for the summer and they are still learning once again please except our apologies .