“Great stay”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My family stopped in here looking for a room. Overall the room was very comfortable & clean. The only complaints I have is that there are two floors with stairs only..no elevator. This could be a problem if you have much luggage. The other is that they don't seem to be prepared at breakfast. We went down for breakfast for 2 mornings both around 8:00 am. Both days were way overcrowded and they kept running out of food. (I'm thinking since this was a week day & this busy they are probably always this busy & should be better prepared by making up more food at a time.) On the first morning the orange juice was out and never refilled while we were at breakfast. The 2nd day, the bagels & rolls never were replenished & they ran out of bacon. (The choices were limited.) Overall though, I would stay again...but would prefer a better rate for what you get.

1  Thank Scott V

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This place is awful! The owner is a piece of work. After sleeping in our bed the first night, I woke up laying in somethi g wet. Thinking my little one had an accident, i woke him up to change his clothes. Low and behold, he was completely dry. We pulled the sheets back and the mattress was wet........with someone elses urine!!!!!! I contacted the front desk (ladies at the front desk were very nice) and she came up to look at the bed. She agreed by site, and overwhelming odor, that it was infact urine. She assured me they would get me another room or a clean mattess. We went ahead and did our planned activity for the day assuming all was going to be fixed. Not quite. We returned to learn that the owner said we had ruined the mattress and were just trying to get a night for free. He gave us a shower curtain and told us to unmake the bed, lay the shower curtain down against the mattress to keep the urine from soaking back through, and to deal with it. Really!?!?! He wouldnt give me a discount, free night, nothing! After calling the corporate office and telling them what happened (after spending another night in the same room), they contacted him several times before he agreed to give me one of the nights free. We would have been more than happy to have made arrangements somewhere else for that second night, but the crazy owner wouldnt release the charges on our credit card.
As for general cleanliness, tbere were dead ants in our bathroom sink when we arrived as well as a mysterious sticky substance on the nightstand and TV table. Overall, it was gross to say the least.

We vacation in New braunfels every summer and we will not be back. Probably the worst hotel experience ever. And we are not hard to please.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank maganso
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Tuesday night we were sitting in our room watching tv at 9:00 pm when someone used a key card and opened the door to our room. They said "excuse me" and left. Come to find out the front desk had assigned them to our room and given them a key. Thank god we were there when the guy walked into our room or he could have stolen everything. When I spoke to the front desk and elderly lady told me that it's not common but it does happen every once in a while. Really?! How are is it to show a room occupied?

We won't be back there again.

Also the fold out couch sheets had a dark stain on it and the hallways need to be updated. The exterior doors were by card key entry only except for the southwest door which anyone could enter.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank basketballmom15
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We usually stay at Comfort Suites when traveling with family. We ended up here on a spur of the moment stay. I thought they were remodeling due to the construction equipment outside and the materials but when we saw the inside of the hotel and rooms, they must not be. The rooms were nice and clean. I saw a little wear and tear but for the price it was ok for me. The pool was a little old looking but the kids had fun. Breakfast was yummy as usual. We had a great staff experience who met all of our needs. I would come back here for sure. We slept great and had a good family time.

Room Tip: There is not an elevator so book on the bottom floor if you need to.
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The hotel was ok it looked like they started remodeling and didn't finish. The rooms were only marginally clean. They need to retrain the housekeeping staff. The coffee pot in the room was so filthy, I don't know how housekeeping missed it.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have stayed at the Comfort Suites in San Antonio before and it was wonderful, so based on that I booked at the New Braunfels location. They are quite different. I have only one major complaint and that is the free breakfast. It is over at 9 AM and I mean over. So at 8:30 we have to wake up, rush 3 sleepy kids downstairs in order to eat. Not my idea of a relaxing vacation. What really bugged me is that at 9:00 the maid came into the dining area and started bagging up the food! While we were still trying to make our choices! She beat me to the biscuits, so I was out of luck. It was ridiculous. Will not be back, there are too many choices in New Braunfels where we won't be treated that way.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Paper thin walls and noisy neighbors. Horrible for sleeping. Front desk was very ineffective in dealing with this issue. Room had many unfinished remodeling exceptions. This was not a $115.00 a night room, more like a $39.99 stay over type room. coffee pot was dirty. 1/2 the posted TV channels were unavailable. Nearly empty hotel, but all rooms away from the freeway were blocked out. Dirty stairway and doors. Hall carpet dirty. Wi-Fi was good.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family