“Wurstfest Weekend”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The hotel was ok, but with Wurstfest going on, hotels fill up and so do the prices. The room was a little above average, but it was clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful with directions and other questions.
The breakfast was somewhat above average. A good variety, but I believe the scrambled (?)eggs were the type being frozen and reheated. Had to wait about 15 minutes to get a seat in the breakfast area....
The price of $144 + tax was steep, but with hotels all over town full with Wuestfest activities, get ready for painin the wallet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sharon L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words in your review. We appreciate your business. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

There were printed notifications in the room asking for forgiveness during remodeling--perhaps a discount to the room rate would have been more appropriate. Again, the TP and facial tissue are super thin--assume that's an HQ-determined item. The breakfast area was small compared to the size of the facility. The reception staff was very friendly. Again, hard to find because not prime location near interstate.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for putting your thoughts on Trip-Advisor. I'm glad to announce that the breakfast area is one of the areas still to be remodeled. Plans are to enlarge the area with more seating and more modern setting. I am confused about the difficulty in finding us though as we are located immediately on the I-35 expressway @ exit 189 south bound and/or exit 190 north bound then u-turn to the south bound side.

Thank you again and hope to see you again some time in the future so you can enjoy the hotel in all its new splendor.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I booked this hotel on the internet after reading Trip Advisor recommendations. The recommendations were accurate. The hotel is fairly new and is well maintained. Rooms are large and clean. Bed were very comfortable and my wife and I slept well. Breakfast was well prepared and plentiful. The staff was friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sharon L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. It tickles me anytime we get a good comment from our guest concerning their stay, but when a “Senior Reviewer” gives us a good review I get really happy! Giving ALL of our guest a great vacation experience is our # 1 goal here.We diffidently want you to come back. We sure do appreciate you choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We have been going thru financial hardship, but did not want to pass up getting away at least for a nite, we live in San Antonio and New Braunfels is about 30 mins from our house.. everytime we travel we stay at a Comfort Suites and they all have been nice n clean.. this one is superb!! is quite new, very clean, breakfast is great, the staff is awesome!! so if youre going to New Braunfels this is the place to stay, you wont regret it!! had a beautiful quiet nite.. n it is soo inexpensive!! go check it out!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boricuasister7
Sharon L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to reviw your stay with us and loyalty to the Comfort Suites while in New Braunfels. I'm glad to hear that you had such a great time with us. Our staff tries very diligently to provide an exceptional experience to each and every one of our guests, and we truly appreciate the positive feedback.They will be happy to know they were recognized for that hard work.
Thank you again, and if I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

A friend recommended me to this hotel and it was very nice! Very clean and comfortable rooms, friendly and helpful staff. Check in was quick and painless, and once we got to our room we were very impressed, it was spacious and decorated very nicely. The bed was extremely comfortable and my fiancee and I slept like babies. Would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenna G
Sharon L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank You for the nice comments you wrote about the hotel service and amenities. Our staff try very diligently to provide an exceptional experience to each and every one of our guests. Positive feedback is always appreciated. We take pride in trying to exceed our guest experience and hope you will return again when visiting the area.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites in transit from New Mexico. The rooms have been updated and are beautiful, comfortable and spacious. We had a wonderful breakfast. We had a great experience with the evening desk clerk who went above and beyond to assist us. This hotel is a great value. They are making even more improvements in the near future. I would encourage enthusiastically a stay here.

Room Tip: We had a room near the front of the hotel on the 1st floor. It was easily accessible and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank gay r
Sharon L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm glad to see that you had a great time with us. The words "Very Pleasant " is like music to my ears. My staff and I strive for the best vacation experience possible and excellent is hard to top. I know that my staff will be happy to see this comment. Thank you again and if there is ever anything that I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I booked rooms at the Comfort Suites at the last minute due to a family emergency. Booking through the Choice Hotel web site was confusing me but as soon as I called the hotel and talked to Morgan all was well. Upon arrival, Morgan was still on duty and welcomed us to the establishment and check in was quick. The rooms are new and spacious and they are clean and comfortable. I slept like a rock on their beds. The breakfast is the usual for this class of establish and nothing spectacular but their coffee was delicious. All in all a great little find and I would stay again if I needed to be in the area. It is very close to San Marcos Outlet malls too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Sharon L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Tthank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm glad to hear Fantastic in EVERY WAY!!!!" Our number one priority is to make sure that you have the best time possible. I hope that you will continue to make us your lodging choice for what we hope will be many more trips back to New Braunfels .Thank you again and if there is ever anything that I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me.