We stayed at the Comfort Suites in New Braunfels, TX on August 11-14, 2008 while on a family vacation. Overall, this hotel was just okay to us. I booked it based on it's #1 ranking on Tripadvisor, and was really not that impressed once I got there. The hotel seemed cleaned, but overall appearance is tired and dated. Furnishings were functional, but outdated and old looking. We stayed in a King suite, with one sofa sleeper. We could not use the sofa sleeper because the springs at the bottom of the bed were all broken, and the mattress would sink at the bottom. We reported this problem, and were told they were sorry, but not offered any other solutions. Luckily, we had an air mattress with us, and the kids slept on that. There was some type of problem with the phone lines being crossed, and we were getting lots of phone calls to our room. Hotel staff did not know what the problem was, and we finally had to unplug the phones to get some peace. We reported the problem, but the staff never followed up with us, until checkout. Also, this is a two-story hotel with no elevators. It was not that big of a problem for us, but I know that it could be for some others. Pool is small, but clean. Breakfast each morning was served from 6am-9am, and selection was decent. Between 8am-9am it was so crowded (very small area) that you could hardly get food, and find a place to sit. I think the hours should be extended till at least 10am in the summertime. After all, we were on vacation, and did not want to have to wake up so early to get breakfast. On the plus side, room had a mini-fridge, small microwave, coffeemaker. The king bed was pretty comfortable.
Overall, for the rate we paid ($70 per night) it was okay. I am not sure that I would stay here again in the future. I would most likely try another place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a gold award winning property from Choice Hotels. The hotel offers a free hot breakfast, outdoor pool , free high speed internet, fitness center, guest laundry, and meeting space. We are easily accessible from IH-35 and only minutes from Schlitterbahn, Gruene, and river tubing attractions. If you are in the mood to shop we are a short ride from the outlets in San Marcos and also a short ride to everything in San Antonio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel New Braunfels
- Comfort Suites New Braunfels, Texas
- New Braunfels Comfort Suites