“ok but had backed up toilet switched rooms to a backed up sink” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in New Braunfels
Conroe, Texas
“ok but had backed up toilet switched rooms to a backed up sink”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I also had to plunge our toilet worked once, backed up again tried again no go. Called the night staff said he could come in 20 minutes finally showed up didn't work. So 11:30 at night had to switch rooms. Next room drain was broke and the sink would back up unless you reached underneath to release the stopper that way. Breakfast was ok not anything special.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sharon L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review. Even when unforeseen problems arise, we appreciate letting people know how yor stay went. Hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

This hotel is convenient to I35. Easy to get on and off the interstate. Numerous places to eat convenient to the hotel. We were there for a wedding and members of our party were welcomed at check-in.

The rooms are newly renovated and very nice. Bedding is great and the linens are very nice. Rooms are laid out very well and have lots of seating (great for visiting). The air conditioning worked great and the noise level from both exterior and interior areas was very quite. Sleeping was great.

Breakfast was great. Lots of selections (fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, eggs, sausage, coffee, juice and cereal). The staff kept the tables cleared and clean even with the large group we had that sat and visited after eating.

High Speed Internet worked great and access was easy. Great desk area with enough electrical outlets to charge computer, iPad, iPhone and work phone (not always easy to find).

Only disadvantage is there is no elevator. Taking luggage upstairs can be tricky but coming down is easy if no one is on the stairs;-0

Room Tip: No elevator so ask for 1st floor unless you are traveling light.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MangoRita80
Thank you so much for your very detailed review. All of the staff will get the oppurtunity to read your review as it is always heart warming to know when we are getting it right.

Thank you again for your super review.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

This place is horrible. We had to plunge our own toilet. The Night staff was extremely rude. I also had a child on crutches that had to go up stairs because they could not accommodate us. It is a good thing she did not fall.also, there is No elevator. We were doing.a resort tour and we're booked here. I will never use a comfort suites again.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank momasito
Sharon L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I want to sincerely apologize for your disappointing experience during your two night stay at our hotel. We as a team tried to address your issues before you left the hotel, but you were having none of it.
In all fairness, when your husband arrived to check in 3 hours early, I explained that the only rooms available at that time was upstairs and that we do not have an elevator. I asked specifically if that would be a problem. He agreed that that was not a problem and mentioned nothing about someone with crutches.
Also please note that this hotel is what is called a midscale hotel, which means that we do not provide 24 hour maid, maintenance or room services. Looking to you toilet issue , When time and/or security allows it we usually would help as much as possible, but is not part of front desk duties.
We are in the process of remodeling (adding elevetor and bigger breakfast ares,lobby) ,so it defiantly make change your future stay.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to New Braunfels, TX.
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel was clean with wonderfully large rooms, easy to get to from I-35, and very quiet and safe.

HOWEVER, for those of you who might need elevator access, there isn't one. If you have a room on the second floor, you will have to climb some pretty steep stairs to the second floor. The clerk didn't bother to tell me that as I unpacked my vehicle. In fact, the late night clerk was a little bit odd - almost creepy. He gave very strange directions to the room, blamed the corporate telephone office because they didn't tell him I wanted a first level floor - after telling me that he changed my first floor room to a second floor room, and kept his head down the entire time we were talking - NEVER ONCE looked at me until I picked up my camera from the rolling valet to carry my belongings to the room - and then he almost freaked out because he thought I was going to take his picture. He was just strange! The hotel was great, but I don't think I would go back if I had to deal with that character again. I had my 9 year old grandson with me, and he was even nervous about the guy.

Room Tip: Be very specific if you aren't physically able to climb a tall flight of stairs - there is no el...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elise B
I'm sorry that you felt misinformed regarding your stay in New Braunfels. As a rule we will do everything within our power to insure the safety and comfort pf all our guests. I did discount your rate as soon as I heard of the problem.

Again I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience.
Harlingen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised at the high quality here. Very, very clean room, comfortable bed and room. I really highly recommend anyone staying here and will certainly stay here again when I'm in the area. At $85 a night, it was an excellent value and as nice as the hotel we stayed at on the San Antonio Riverwalk for $170 a night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Monica F
Sharon L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thank you for this review and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am flattered to hear that we were able to provide you with quality service and comfort similar to expensive hotels. I would be honored to be your hotel of choice for all future needs in the New Braunfels area.
Fort Mohave, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Can't say enough good things about this place, the staff and management. Doing very well indeed! Was quiet, comfy and clean clean!
Great Place, easy to find close to shopping, very comfortable Pool/Hot tub were grand and exercise facility was nice. Breakfast was yum yum.......stay here, you will not be sorry.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cynthia R
Sharon L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for your most recent stay and taking the time to post your review. I'm glad to see that you had such a great time with us .That is exactly what we want .Our staff prides themselves in assisting in making your experience the best in can possibly be. I hope that you will continue to visit with us everytime you make it back this way. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Tecumseh, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great place to stay, easy to find, close to shopping, eating, activities. Room was very large, clean and beds very comfortable. Pool/hot tub was great and the exercise facility was nice. Breakfast was good, the staff friendly and helpful. Will stay here again.
Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool are nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sharon L, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for your review, We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will definitely share it with our staff, and I know that they too will be happy to know that their hard work is recognized and appreciated.Thank you again, and we will see you on your next visit to New Braunfels.