“We got taken again”

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
“We got taken again”
Reviewed 17 July 2005

We should have known better when booking this hotel...I read the reviews and figured it could not be as bad as reviewed by other people.....WRONG..it was worse...bed sheets with holes in them, mold growing in the bathroom, no maid service..we could understand this sorry attempt at being a hotel had it been cheap, but at $122/night + tax..yes, we got taken again!!!!...Forget the promise of free breakfast....warm O.J and cold muffins is all you get...oh yes, the waffles....but you have to stand in line for over 20 minutes to make them yourselves.....please people..listen to other victims...you can get a clean place to stay for the same price at any hotel chain in the area..read the reviews, it is worth the trouble..and if you get that funny feeling when ready to book....research a little more..there is always a better alternative...

• Stayed July 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Burleson, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2005

Booked a room here because of cheap rates (at least $30-40 less than the few available rooms at other hotels in this touristy area). At the price, I should have known better even though the Rodeway name had usually meant reasonably priced, clean rooms to me.

The place definitely needs updating to say the least. The room wasn't filthy (my wife would disagree) but it could have been much cleaner. The walls had stains here and there, the bathroom fixtures were not clean and shiny and we only had a couple of towels in the bathroom but no washcloths. The toilet paper and "kleenex" were the not so soft cheap variety.

Our TV wouldn't come on so I looked behind it and found that it was plugged into the wall along with a lamp, the mini-fridge and the microwave all in one double outlet. The television and lamp shared an extension cord which appeared to be faulty and made the lamp flicker and the TV turn off and on. I called the front desk about the problem and all the manager did was come to my door and hand me a new extension cord.....didn't even offer to come in and fix the problem. The air conditioner did not work very well at all and the room never really got cool and comfortable.

If you're looking for a cheap, outdated room with no frills and minimum cleanliness stay here....otherwise I suggest you pay the extra bucks for a clean, modern, more comfortable room elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank Big Log

Travellers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

texas
Reviewed 3 July 2005

Well, the price was the only good thing........the room stunk.....little fans on the floor were drying up wet floors......holes in the walls.......the people who own this could have cared less about all this mess and did nothing to make a wrong a right. I would steer clear of this place!

• Stayed May 2003
3 Thank clairelong
Dallas
Reviewed 9 November 2004

My husband and I just got back from staying at the Roadway Inn for Wurstfest. The room was a plain "vanilla" hotel room, the sheets were clean, as were the towels. We didn't experience any police activity or loud music, but we did visit during slow season. The ceiling needed to be dusted, but that is not a huge deal to us.

The location of the hotel was a bonus to us, right of 35 there was a McDonalds right next door, a Wendy's and a Skillet restaurant. If we take kids next time, those will really come in handy. The hotel had a small continental breakfast with juice, cereal and milk, waffles and muffins. The staff was nice, and since I booked online I didn't have any issues with being charged twice. The hotel has wireless internet but we didn't use it. The fridge in the room did come in handy, the bath tub had jets but it was still a standard sized tub, not a garden tub.

If you are looking for a unique boutique type hotel, this isn't the place for you. If you like fancy, probably not either. We were looking for an affordable, clean, vanilla room, and this one fit the bill. We would stay there again. I didn't see Wurstfest on the attractions list, but it was worth the visit.

5 Thank Mrs_Funsize
Reviewed 20 August 2004

I thought they have a great pool and Free breakfast and nice gameroom for kids. The hotel could be updated a little but considering the fact it seems to have been there a while it was clean the staff was very friendly and helpfull. I too noticed the police there and was little concered however I spoke with the officer and he siad that believe it or not the cops are called out to all resort and hotels in this area more often than you would think. THe problem is Visitors that come to the area! I did ralize that was the case as I stayed through the weekend! I give this staff and community in that case hands down for the behavior they put up with!

Reviewed 19 July 2004

We requested a non smoking room, and when we arrived, we received an awful smelling smoking room. The sheets had holes in them, hair was all in the bathroom, one of the lamp cords were cut, no clock, no hair dryer, no iron and the air conditioner did not work properly. We requested a room change and received a non smoking room. The room had a better smell, but everything else was comparable. When we requested a iron and a hair dryer, we were told they did not provide hair dryers and did not have any more irons to give out. The room did not have a coffee maker and we were told they had no coffee makers either. The staff members were rude, the breakfast was horrible, and housekeeping was minimal. Each night we stayed in New Braunfels, the local law enforcement were seen in the parking lot attempting to contain the chaos in the pool, lobby, rooms, parking lot, etc. We checked out and opted to stay some where else. I am still trying to correct the charges to my credit card. Next time I will pay a few dollars more and stay at another location.

• Stayed July 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 July 2004

What a DUMP!! This is the worst place I have ever stayed. They repair nothing. We tripped over the king size bed frames on a queen size bed. The bathtub did not drain. The doors (we had 2 rooms)
had been jimmied top and bottom. There was no
chain lock on one door. One table was disassembled with the hardware laying on the pedestal. We had one towel and one washcloth per room. Our reservations clearly stated three people to a room. The rooms STUNK.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member