“Good value”

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
“Good value”
Reviewed 7 August 2010

We recently stayed 2 nights. The rooms were nice. Very friendly front desk staff. And yes they speak English. We had 2 rooms they were very accomadating and but use next to each other with adjoining rooms. Breakfast was great, waffles cereals toast coffee apple and orange juice and milk. Great value for the money. And pet friendly too rooms were clean and ac was good and cold

1 Thank Girlsxtwomom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 18 July 2010

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. They're were dead bugs all over the room. Floors were nasty and stained. Beds are extremely hard and uncomfortable. The A/C doesn't work well at all. To top all that, I was triple charged for one night. STAY AWAY!

Travellers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Reviewed 12 April 2010

I went there with two kids, and there were Roaches, there was a lot of noise next to my room and I called the front desk 3 times to have them shut-up. The place is so unhealthy, and nasty. DO NOT STAY HERE. 1209 I-35 N. HWY 46 , New Braunfels, TX 78130. I would never stay at the Rodeway Inn hotels, ever again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Dallas Tx
Reviewed 22 March 2010

If you pitched a tent in the parking lot, it would pretty much give you the same accomadations as this hotel. I stay in A LOT of hotels and I have never been as miserable in a hotel as this one. We stayed for 4 days and that was 4 days too many. The SECOND room we were given did not look or feel clean. You could see the dirt piled on the sir conditioner vents and when the unit was on, it made lots of loud noises. We had to go around and plug in all the lights just to find out that some of the light bulbs didn't even work. There was NO HOT water in the tub. They tried to tell me it was hot when they came to check it. The ceiling in the bathroom had mold and was in serious need of repair. You could feel the springs coming through the very warn out mattress. The walls are so thin, you could hear the people next door sneeze. Needless to say, we didn't sleep during our stay either. We complained about the very loud people throughout the hotel at all hours of the night but nothing was done. The Continental breakfast consist of hard boiled eggs, cereal and coffee. I was so unhappy with this visit, a call was made to the headquarters.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank hjdurbin
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 August 2009

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights when we had to take our kids to Schlitterbahn and Guadalupe River. We already told the kids not to expect too much from the hotel as we were on a tight budget and this is the only place we could afford. The hotel room was ok, towels were clean. The carpet floor was stained, please wear your shoes or slippers on all the time. There was internet connection, microwave, fridge and cable tv. My kids enjoyed their stay here, they met a new friends while swimming in the pool. The front desk was not extra friendly but not rude. McDonalds and Wendys are walking distance. The only complaint we have was they did not clean our room even after we made repeated requests.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DelValleAustin
9547 waxwimg Corpus Christi TX
Reviewed 27 April 2009

rooms not ready at check-in time. check in took over a half hour, check-in was just a cluster-[---]. room was just terrible, walls were nasty, mold in bathtub-shower, the stove and cabinets above the stove were covered with grease spatters. one towel in room, at 9:30 pm housekeeping brought more towels. a lot of the staff didn't even speak english. overall, this was the most disgusting room i ever stayed in.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank twoton1943
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed 30 January 2009

What can you expect for $22 + tax w/AAA discount? I've stayed in worse motels than this one. Yes, the bed wasn't soft & cushy like in 'finer' hotels but it was a bed & as long as you didn't try to sit on the edge (leg tucked under type sitting) then it was okay, otherwise the hard "seam" along the top edge would cut into you. It was okay to sleep on. The sheets & pillowcases were clean looking & smelled okay. The towels smelled okay but one washcloth was dingy & lightly yellowed, I didn't use that one. Someone obviously had smoked in the bathroom so we left the fan on in there for a while to hopefully dissapate the smoke & it did eventually. The bathroom wasn't unbearable but beware, the door opens outward & can smack someone standing at the sink so we did the "coming out now", "okay I'm away from the door" routine. The a/c & heater worked fine. The room was obvious old & dingy but wasn't 'nasty', gross or unberable. I've stayed in a similar older Holiday Inn in a different state which was similar in the state of dingyness & location but again, it was bearable. The advertised laundry area here was, according to my husband, outside & was nasty & filthy-dirty. They had a courtyard area w/tables & seats which were clean but the courtyard was in the center of the complex but behind the building & didn't really seem to be a place I'd actually sit w/o a group of people I know with me. We were there just to spend the night & that was it. It served it's purpose. The front desk person wasn't rude or anything. I think they offered a continental breakfast but we just ate at Wendy's in the next parking lot adjacent to the hotel. All in all, don't come here expecting 4-5 star hotel. It's an older hotel that was okay to stay in, towels & linens were okay as was the front desk person but I may bring my own towel & washcloth next time anyway. An additional note would be that the location is right off Hwy. 46, if you turn on 46 (or straight on 46 if coming from Seguin) you can turn up into the parking lot from the Mexican restaurant & go thru to the hotel w/o having to travel up I-35 to do a turnaround. I did the turnaround the first time & then discovered if I had just gone straight, I cudda turned up thru the Mexican restaurant since it ajoins each other.

• Liked — Just off of Hwy. 46 & Wendy's next door w/in walking distance.
  • Disliked — People smoked in non-smoking rm. Bed not comfy, washcloth dingy, internet didn't work. Felt unsafe walking thru corridor outside. Just needs good remodling.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)