“Great time! No problems:)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Braunfels
Billy Goat's Gruff Campground
Granbury, Texas
“Great time! No problems:)”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Got a good laugh out of all these reviews.. We had a big rowdy group with us and had a great time! We were all planning on hitting up Ice House after our float but were having such a great time at this sites bar there was no need to leave. I love how everything is right there with no need to drive:) Food, beer, tubes, shuttle.. Stayed a couple of years ago but never thought ab leaving a review (most don't that enjoy theirselves). Reserving my next reservation when all this showed up!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank amanda n
goattx, Owner at Billy Goat's Gruff Campground, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thankyou

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I'm not posting a review to comment negatively on the owners or employees. I was actually very impressed with their hospitality, seeings that I was on crutches with a fractured ankle. The property was clean, rather small ... but very quaint! And they do have a great view while tubing. Very impressive!

However, I wish I had checked Billy Goat Gruff's website for rates and these reviews prior to making my trip. By NO MEANS do I feel 'entitled' to anything, yet I was alarmed when my rate for one night was quoted. I didn't want to complain or question it for the simple fact that it was 3pm and I had driven from Killeen, TX and needed to get the tubes in the water before it got too late. And the 3 campsites I called prior to Billy Goat Gruffs had no vacancies.

It was $70+ to tent camp for 1 adult, a 14 year old, and a 6 year old. And then it was like $18 for the larger tubes and $14 for smaller ones. Just not enough BANG for my buck to go this route again. Not when shopping online for competitve hotel rates got me a Jacuzzi Suite for 1 night, 1 adult, 2 children, w/King bed, queen sleeper sofa, pool, continental breakfast, electricity, cable, internet, phone, A/C, Jacuzzi, fridge, and microwave for what camping and tubing cost me.

Room Tip: Not as family oriented as I would've liked. More for the drinking croud than single mother with...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank clickmyspace
goattx, Owner at Billy Goat's Gruff Campground, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
DO TELL!! It seems that you want to be ENTITLED. You called, we quoted you the
rate, (rates are comparable with most camps on guadalupe), you did not make a
reservation, you just showed up, (usually there is a two night minimum), you
paid, you played, you stayed, you didn't have to, it was your choice, are you
kidding us, OMG drinking on the river, how absurd, who would ever do that! btw
that was the owner that helped your crutched body out of the river. He says
thanks for the nicities at the beginning but PLEASE STAY at the hotel with the
Jacuzzi tub, and look out the window at I35 traffic and all the beautiful
buildings that surround you!!! You need that kind of rehab and why would you
ever write a review like this.
ARLINGTON
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I made the reservation before I read any reviews, and after reading the reviews, I was pretty nervous, but I have no complaints! It was very nice to camp in the same place you get your tubes, and also have food and drinks available there. Our camp site was way less crowded than many others I passed while floating the river, and that was nice. We made friends with the other people camping there and some of them had been to Billy Goats Gruff before. They said they had never had a problem and always camp there. I would probably go back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
goattx, Owner at Billy Goat's Gruff Campground, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Thank you and glad you had a good time.
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2012

A group of 4 of us just enjoyed this past weekend at Billy Goats Gruff and had a perfectly pleasant time. We booked our campsite quite a few weeks in advance and were a little nervous when we read the reviews on trip advisor the week before we were booked to camp. However, our worrying was all in vain as we did not encounter any of the issues that were complained about. Management was very nice, informative and accommodating. She even gave us some advice regarding where to go for drinks/dinner in Gruene. We followed the rules and guidelines as posted on Billy Goats Gruff website. Some of the tips on trip advisor were also helpful. We did need a very long extension cord and the bathroom/showers were closed from 1-7 (which I don’t think was stated on their website). There are port-o-potties available during that time. We did not mind the fact that the bathroom/showers were locked during the peak floating time as we would rather be able to enjoy clean facilities. If the bathroom/showers were unlocked, people who are not guests of Billy Goats Gruff could get out of the river at the campsite and use the amenities. I am sure that cleanliness would quickly deteriorate if they allowed every person that stopped in entry to the amenities that we, as guests, pay to have access to. We returned from floating before 7 and the owner was very nice and unlocked the bathroom/showers for us early. Our party and the new friends we made with our fellow campers stayed up as late as we wanted each night with no interruption from the “drunk crazy lunatic owner” as alleged from the other reviews on this site. Treat the management with respect and you will receive respect. The rules are clearly posted on their website and at the campsite. Follow them and everyone will get along just fine. We will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MandaLeeNM
Thank you for your honest review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Also pointing out that the bathrooms are closed 1-7 and that it is not on our website we will get that on our site soon. Also pointing out the reason why they are closed. Before we did this many of a disgusting things were occuring in them. If at anytime the bathrooms or porta potties need attendance please let us know we will have someone clean them. Glad you had a great time in Gruene and hopefullyy see you next year.
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This place is horrible. Don't ever come here. The woman that owns the property is a drunk lunatic. When we called to make the reservation we clearly stated that we had 5 people in our group. They gave us a cabin for 4, so we added an air mattress to the middle of the floor so the 5th person had somewhere to sleep. The woman that owns the property was inebriated and barged in on us. Didn't even have the common courtesy to knock first. So she barged in and starts calling us rats and white trash. There are rules stated on the wall that say to dry our clothes outside, not inside. She told us we were white trash for obeying HER rule. She then told us we needed to leave her property immediately. We did nothing wrong other than have a 5th person who was registered and had a vehicle sticker to park there. She then proceeded to tell us that she was going to charge us double for the weekend when she kicked us on on the second night. She called the cops on us and refused to give the officer her side of the story. Her husband told her to, "get your *** inside, now!" and she did. She then refused to come to the door when the officer requested so he had the police department call her house and they refused to answer the phone. The officer told us he was going to arrest her (on her property) for public intoxication and honestly I wish he would have. She kicked us out at almost 2am. We weren't drunk, we weren't partying, and we weren't being loud. CRAZY LADY-BEWARE-STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank Hakciria
This unit has been a rental for eight years. It ONLY rents out for a party of four adults. The person that made the reservation signed off on all paper work upon his check in that three guests were checking in on early Friday and one later Friday evening. Security checked the late vehicle at 11:45 (check in ends at 10:30). We could have denied check in at that point. Security noted that you had a male companion with you. On Saturday morning you told the check in attendant that there was no fifth person in the unit and did not know what she was talking about. Security went to the unit at 2:00 am Sunday to hear heavy furniture being moved across hardwood floors, loud jumping noises due to air matress put across hallway blocking access to back bedroom and bathroom area. This went on for a couple of hours and finally security told you to leave because this was not going to work out. You were clearly in violation of the rules of the rental unit. Five persons are not allowed and either is moving the furniture. When you violated check in time time to sneak in additional people and told check in there was not an extra person, we should have told you to leave then. Remember when you tell untrue statements it takes many more to cover up. Stay away and Thank you for stealing our towels.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I was charged $300.00 fo damage that was pre existing. The door jamb was broken when we received the cabin. Check out was at 11 and we waited until 11:30 to leave we had no key to the unit and the total for one night was $412.00. They hit my card for an additional $300.00 and did not even call me to authorize the purchase. Has anyone had a simular experience with the 8 man cabin and damages I may need witnesses for small claims court . The bad part is I did enjoy myself and was going to book again for forth of July weekend. Professionalism is a must.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank 12ofus
, Owner at Billy Goat's Gruff Campground, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
First we know you and your family had a great time and we are sorry that you or someone in your group damaged our property, and were charged for it. So let us begin. The truth was not told beginning at your check-in. You stated that you had six people, which ended up being eight and we overlooked that, as well as only a one night rental. One of your guests was caught in a private service area by management rolling marijuana. Again we overlooked it. Upon check in you signed a contract that the unit would be left in the condition that was recieved. All of our rental units are cleaned and inspected immediately after check-out. Professionalism is a must on your part to approach an employee or management to report the damage.
Christoval, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Biggest problem with this place is the management. I've never witnessed such a lack of professionalism as was witnessed here. Rude doesn't even begin to describe it. People like this have no business dealing with the public. Their threats to sue people who post negative reviews are just ridiculous (this happened). Bring it!!! Clearly.....it's a common occurrence, otherwise, why so defensive???

• Stayed May 2012
6 Thank Txgirl76401
, Owner at Billy Goat's Gruff Campground, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
U ummmm - had to clear our head and throat for this one.

Your family was so embarrased by your behavior that they apologized three times. You were supposed to turn in our river equipment by 6 pm but we waited and waited and waited.
We asked your party where you were and they said you hooked up with some man on the river and they had no idea where you were. At 9:40 - almost four hours late, you showed up with this guy who lied who said he was a registered guest, showed a fake armband. Our rental equipment that was supposed to be returned by 6 was deflated and put in the back of this non- registered guests pickup. When we asked for it, he told us to F*** off. He then was told to leave and we were told to "F*** off i'm not going anywhere." Then you and him proceeded to mingle with a group of 50-70 people and hide within them. The police were called to escort him out, but he wisely finally chose to leave. WHO's not professional? Young lady take responsibility for your behavior. You should have been arrested for theft of goods and services and charged for all the damaged equipment. By the way YOU STAY HOME!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Braunfels
#7 of 14 in Canyon Lake
Lamb's Rest Inn
Lamb's Rest Inn
#2 of 17 in New Braunfels

Been to Billy Goat's Gruff Campground? Share your experiences!