“DO NOT STAY HERE !!”
Review of Edelweiss Inn

Edelweiss Inn
Ranked #32 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed 13 July 2012

My son and his girlfriend stayed at this inn, and got bitten by spiders and had to go to the emergency room to get them lanced. The hotel manager was very rude to them! They paid cash for the room then he took it off there card, when he wasn't supposed to, and the police were called, and got involved. The rooms are not clean at all, and there were webs in the corners of there room. The bathtub stopped up, so when you took a shower, the whole bathtub would fill up. This place is not worth the money you pay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Sally B
There are newer reviews for Edelweiss Inn

Reviewed 28 May 2012

When we (my 10yr old son and friend and I) checked in we were informed that they had to upgrade our room to the jacuzzi suite but that in order to turn it on they would have to charge us a usage fee of 20 per night to use it. Knowing that my son would have drove me nuts if I said no, I payed the extra fee and went about our weekend. In the middle of the night we were woken by the awful thing randomly turning itself on. I called the front desk and the attendant rudely told me to flip a switch under the sink because "the timer must have activated again". Obviously it was a reoccurring problem for them. Our stay was for two nights and when we checked out I was billed 109.43 which I believed was reasonable and that they would be refunding the rest since they automatically charged my account for $200.00 at check in. Less than an hour after checkout I saw another charge for $36.52. Believing that they must have mistaken, I called back to ask the man to explain the charges to me. He insisted that all charges were justified due to taxes and fees and then proceeded to yell at me for "trashing the room"! We certainly did not trash the room and I am left to wonder why he would think so. Even if he considered our shopping bags left near the trash can to be a problem, does the maid service not still go in and vacuum, make the beds, or take out the trash? Our small getaway weekend vacation was more like a nightmare. I should have followed other reviewers advice and steered way clear of this dump!

Room Tip: If you want sleep, don't choose the jacuzzi suite. It magically turns itself on in the middle of...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank toni0596
Reviewed 27 May 2012

When we checked in....got the keys, went into to room we were overcome w/ a nasty smell, went straight to the desk, complained. He then showed us to another room. Smelled just like the first one. Smells old, musty and nasty. For the price, had to stay there, and the fact we had already paid, and it was holiday weekend. NEVER NEVER again. The only good thing was the bed (kind size) was freakin awesome! Really really comfortable. Was a suprise!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shirley L
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I picked up my friend at the airport and drove him to this place - Something you should never do. The owner was extremely rude from the get go, saying things like, " what kind of stupid question is that?" and even tossing my friends I.D. right at his chest before we left the Lobby. Now I can understand why the guy might be a little irritated that he had to check my buddy in at 11 at night, but that's just no excuse to treat people so horribly. And I told him so in not so many words - called him an ---hole. Then things really got fun. This psychopath chases me outside and starts screaming at me right out in the parking lot to get off his property, shouting what i'm sure was some foreign expletives, and even threatening to call the cops on me.

Bottom line: it's just not worth it - even for the price. This trash needs to be shut down for good. Spread the word.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay at this hotel. Period.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank Ryan M
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I am the type of person who tolerates A LOT before I would ever complain. In fact, this is the first time I have ever written a complain on any motel having stayed in hundreds throughout the US.

This is was the worst motel experience I ever ever had in years of staing in hundreds of motels.

I was insulted and treated like garbage from the moment I walked in to this miserable hell hole. The "owner" was extremely rude and treated me like dirt. I couldn't decide whether or not to get a room. He continued to demand "do you want a room, or don't you?" trying to pressure me to make up my mind while he was on the phone with someone.

I started to fill out his form when I realised his check out time was 10:30 AM. Most any motel will at least give you until 11:00. When I asked for a later check out, he said in a very nasty tone "it would be an extra $10". I was a little irritated by this point by his rudeness so I told him "no thanks."

He was extremely aggressive and told me to "get out, you [--] cheapskate". I was afraid that he was going to hit me. He wripped up the "form" I had filled out and threw it at me in a wadded up ball. This monster needs to be shut down. I will do everything in my power to see it happen.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
9  Thank Bob S
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Looks like a nice German inn on the outside. It's a trashy, Asian-run dump on the inside. We reserved a king bed, no-smoking room. Got two double beds in an ashtray. We were in a hurry, so we didn't look at our room when we checked in. Returned to the hotel late at night to find what we hadn't reserved. We have seen nicer bathrooms in gas stations. When asked about the room problems, the manager could only say he "should have checked our reservation". What? This is a run down, poorly managed trash bin. Stay in the Walmart parking lot before you stay here.

Room Tip: Choose one at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank herbeehusker
Reviewed 11 November 2011

First of all, please remember that you are not staying at the Ritz Carlton. Do not expect luxury for the rates you will pay at the Edelweiss Inn. That said, we had a pleasant stay. Our room was actually VERY clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff that we met, one of the maids and the woman who works in the front office, were both very nice and helpful. We did not meet the gentleman that some of the other reviewers referred to with such disdain, so we can't comment on him. We did not partake of whatever breakfast they offered...so no comment there, either. A couple of things... although the room has a full sized coffee maker, there was no coffee, no coffee cups and no cream/sugar packets. You must have to bring your own. LOL. Also, somebody had engraved the name, address and phone number of the hotel in the plastic top of the coffee maker. I thought that was funny, it reminded me of something my grandfather would do. I wonder if an old man owns this hotel? They also have a sign in the room that if you pay $10 extra, they will "activate" the spa tub that is in the bathroom. We thought that was kind of weird, and did not purchase that option, but we did enjoy the fact that it was a nice deep tub. ...(no extra charge for that :) The room is furnished with older and outdated furniture and fixtures...but who cares? Everything worked and was clean. Again, don't you can't expect the Ritz Carlton for $50! One last weird thing.... the sheer number of plants on the walkway leading to the office door and inside the office itself was a little disconcerting and a bit creepy. Overall, though, we thought it was fine and would stay there again. P.S.....watch out for the HUGE square hole in the parking lot when you drive in.... it could swallow your car. :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family