Edelweiss Inn
Hilton Garden Inn New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$101
US$120
US$105
Best Western Inn & Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$89
Hotels.com
Comfort Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$76
ComfortSuites
Sleep Inn & Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$67
SleepInn
US$71
US$93
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$75
Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$127
Courtyard
The Resort at Schlitterbahn(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$316
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My wife, two year old son and I were new to the area and were working to get established in New Braunfels. We decided to stay at The Edelweiss inn due to its lower price and weekly rate while looking for a home.. For the first few days everything seemed okay despite the room being absolutely filthy, covered in dust and a carpet sticky with god knows what. But by the end of the first week I noticed raised welts appearing all over my little boys body, welts on my arms, as well as on my wife's back and legs. Upon doing a little research on the appearance of the welts, beg bugs became the primary suspect. So one night I came "home" at 4:30 am, walked in to the dark room, pulled back the covers on my sleeping wife and son, and the moment I shined a flashlight I saw a small hoard of bed begs feasting on my wife and son.. I was so upset and shaken that we slept in the car. And despite only staying a few days out of a full paid for week, the management would not refund any money. If you decide to stay here know this; the bed bugs will bite you, they will lay eggs in your clothing and in your luggage, and if you're not careful you will take them with you back to your own home. Please spend just 20 more dollars and stay at one of the many many other hotels just right down the street.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Gary P
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Room was okay. There was lamps but no light bulbs, no jacuzzis in room only a small broken one outside in parking street, dirty towls, and VERY RUDE manager. Had a friend staying in other hotel room come by and manager tried to charge for extra people then continued to scream and accuse us of being terrorist. Never coming back and I don't recommend anyone staying there until the previous owners are gone!

• Stayed: April 2013
8  Thank Jngcm
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Watch out for the extra charges on your account. The desk clerk is a jerk and will charge bogous extras once he has your card information. When you ask to speak to the manager he will hang up on you. The housekeeping lady will come to your door at 10 am to ask if you're going to be checking out even though check out time isn't until 11 am.

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Spend the extra cash to stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank C C
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We had plans to stay the night in New Braunfels since we were going to the Wurstfest and if we are going to a festival that involves drinking all day there is no need to drive afterwards even if it is just an hour away. So that being said, this was one of only a few options for the busy weekend but it was one of the least expensive places that allowed dogs. As we were driving down my girlfriend looked up the reviews for the place although I had already booked the room. The reviews were so bad that we were already wondering if we could cancel the reservation. When I got there I asked if I could see the room first. That was a no because I was told that they do not show rooms after dark. It didn't really make sense. I said that I just wanted to see the place first and the guy pointed to the window as if I should just look out the window. Yes, it does look cute as a building designed to look like an old European wood timber construction. I had to clarify, "room" and the guy showed me photos from a binder. The antics were annoying me and I wanted to cancel the reservation but turned out that I should have provided 24 hours notice. My card was already charged. So we checked out the room and now I understand why the place has such low rating aside from the rude staff. In brief I'll just say that we checked out within 10 minutes of walking in. The place was not just old furniture but dirty with stains and the dog was constantly sniffing at everything. Well, its a step up from camping but not worth the money or discomfort from an girfriend distressed from the idea of staying a night. So even though that night was paid for, we checked into another hotel. Now I need to dispute charges from Edelweiss Inn since I was charged for two nights when I only paid for one and checked out early.

Room Tip: Don't book a room here!
Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Justin S
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Room was very clean, Bed was excellant and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would recommend highly to family and friends...Our stay at the Edelweiss Inn was one of the most pleasant hotels we have ever stayed at in our Texas travels. Please consider visiting here on your next stay.

The Smiths from Pasadena, Texas