“Keep going...”

Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Ennis, Texas, United States
“Keep going...”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stopped here on a spur of the moment and it turned out to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It smelled like smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. Everything was dingy and half cleaned. Even the cords on the lamps had exposed wiring. Unless you're a crackhead or a prostitute, this is going to be a bad experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Jennifer M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This place is DISGUSTING! My Husband, Daughter and I spent a weekend tubing in Braunfels and needed a room, it was super late and this place looked very German and cute from the outside. We thought it would be fitting for our getaway. We walked in the front entrance and were immediately blasted with the strong "Moth Ball odor" and weird Christmas lights strung along the fake plants and colorful flowers hiding the dirt and trash that was swept behind it. We kindly asked the man whom I am pretty sure is the owner if he had any availability. He was VERY rude and impersonal and gave us very short "yes or no" answers. I then gently asked if the rooms would smell like Moth balls and he became very upset and yelled "Why would the room smell like moth balls?" in his thick accent, we became a little nervous. I then replied "umm, because it smells like moth balls in here!" He said "Do you want the room or not? We took the room because it was cheap and we were tired, but had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. We get into our room and there was nasty dirt, trash, hair everywhere, filth on the old disgusting dirty tile in the bathroom area. Stained, dirty sheets! No soap, no conditioner, the air conditioner was rigged to not go below 75 degrees (keep in mind it was 108 outside) and the room was as hot as you can imagine inside. The air conditioner never really worked, so we slept with those disgusting sheets all night in the hot room! The worst thing was the disgusting toilet with old pee and poo stuck to it that was not even cleaned, the gross mold spores and fungus corroding under the sink and ceiling of the bathroom (I am sure this is a health code violation!!! Hello!!!) - thousands of ants immediately outside our hotel room from the spilled trash can outside. Also noticed he had the security locks all removed from the hotel room door (what a creepy weirdo!!!) and no alarm clock or clock anywhere for that matter (Here's the catch!--we were never given a check out time and no sign was listed anywhere!) We did not ask for a damn wake up call either, but he started calling our room at 6:30am telling us it was a wake-up call and we would need to leave soon! How rude, right? I was so angry by this point because my Family and I were sleeping and he woke us up without our permission. I went back to sleep for 30 mins and he calls back again!!! saying check out is 10 and we needed to hurry up and leave! (SO RUDE!) I asked him why he never told us this when we got the room and he slammed the phone down in my ear. My Husband and I took turns taking a very fast 2 min shower and packing our bags to get the hell out, meanwhile this shady character starts banging on the door while my Husband was in his turn for a shower! (No other cars being in the parking lot of this made me worry of what this man was capable of) I began to worry we'd end up a lampshade in this creeps lobby if we didn't get out of dodge. My Daughter was changing and I was in my pajamas when he attempted to break the door down at 9:55. I told him we would be a few minutes and 2 mins later he sends his fake cleaning lady over to barge in the room and tell us she needs to come clean. I told her the same thing I told the man "my husband is in the shower and we would be out by 10:30. We finally got the hell out of there, but took tons of pictures of the mold and dirt and door to report this guy! This place seriously needs to be shut down. DO NOT STAY here! And PLEASE be careful. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay, go camp at a campground or Motel 6 or hell, your car is much cleaner and safer than this place!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank C W

Travellers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Key Largo, Florida, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We booked thru a search engine online and were told that we would not be charged until we checked in.
Upon our arrival, I noticed all off the dog poop in front of our parking spot and said this is not a good sign. As we went inside, the RUDE owner, would not let us see a room, yet showed us a picture that sits on the counter wrapped in plastic. I informed him that we would not need to see the room that we were going to stay elsewhere.
Once we returned home, we noticed he charged our CC.
This place should be condemned at the very least.....

We will also be contacting the BBB.....

Room Tip: Don't even think about it...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Sheri L
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The hotel website offers a Jacuzzi spa and free wifi. The Jacuzzi was there but it had no water in it and there was no internet service as well. This place is not what we paid for AT ALL!! It was the nastiest thing I have ever stepped into. There was a very large white stain on the curtain as soon as you walk in. Im not sure what it was and I do not care to know. There was a razor blade lying face up in the middle of the hotel room floor. Long black curly hairs filled the room, under the sheets, on the pillows, EVERYWHERE!! We booked a room for 4 people with two queen beds our room had two double beds instead which is NOT what we paid for. There were only two towels in the room and when I asked for two more and the gentleman told us to go get the used towels out of our rooms and he would wash the towels and give them to us when they were out of the washer. To me that is just horrible customer service and it is unacceptable that he did not have enough towels to give us. The towel rack was laying on the floor and the maintenance man came to fix it, took the rack and never brought it back to us. The gentleman at the front who was most likely the owner gave us his name and told us to call and ask for another gentleman a manager when we asked for a corporate number. Come to find out these businesses are all privately owned and there is no manager under the name that he gave us they were all the same person and he was very rude to us. He threatened to call the cops on us as we were checking out because we were trying to talk to him about a discount and all the problems we were having and for him lying to us. The night before we checked out I asked the maintenance man if he knew the names that the gentleman had given us and he said he had never heard of either one of the names before, its pretty sad that he didn't know his bosses names most likely because the rude gentleman/owner made them up. When we were checking out and the gentleman was yelling at us the cleaning lady walked by and I asked her if she was familiar with the managers name and the owner talked over her and told her to get back to work she was not allowed to speak. As we were walking out the door after being threatened that he would call the police on us because he had our plate numbers we called the local police department and explained everything to them because we did not want them searching for us all day while we were floating the river. The police office said that we had done nothing wrong and that he was sorry we had a bad stay but the town was a really great town, and that the owner did not even call them.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Haileywink
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I am warning anyone who is even remotely thinking about staying at this hotel. PLEASE DO NOT! The manager/owner is very rude and will cuss you before you even get checked in. He went up on the price after we arrived and when we told him we were not staying because he went up on the rate. He charged my credit card anyway. It looked filthy and very unsecured. Didn't feel safe even in the parking lot area. I have never been talked to so rudely before by a motel before even checking in. I am warning anyone to NOT even call and make a reservation because your credit card will be charged even if you cancel the room. I cannot even give a rating on this place because it is that BAD!!!!!

Room Tip: I beg you do not stay here!!!
Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank sassy2731
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My girlfriend had been here a few years ago & said it was a pretty nice place to stay, so as we were planning our trip to New Braunsfels she booked us 5 rooms. The day before our trip I decided to look at the pics of the motel rooms, in doing so I saw the horredous reviews. Not wanting to jump the gun I decided to pack my own sheets, blankets & pillows just in case it was as bad as the reviews had stated. The day before we went she had to cancel 2 rooms, 24 hours prior to us going. When we got to New Braunsfels the motel was the first place we went it was 10 am. We asked if we could check in & the owner or manager told us not until 3pm. No big deal. When we returned at 6pm we were told that our room would be $95.95 a night. I told him that he had quoted us $85.95 a night. He said that it was before the rooms were cancelled. I asked him why we were being charged for the rooms being cancelled when we did it 24 hours prior. He then said it was going to be $99.95. After trying to be very nice with this man I felt it was best that I just wait for my girlfriend to get to the motel since she is the one that booked it. Once she arrived this man became very beligerent with us & told us he was voiding all of our rooms, which was good because we didn't want to stay there but that he would be charging my girlfriends credit card for all 5 rooms for both nights. We told him it was against the law, he said it wasn't & he didn't care. Bottom line never stay here!!! We will be reporting him to the BBB.

Room Tip: Never saw the rooms & I am glad after the horrible customer service we recieved.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Jill S
South Pasadena, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This place looked great from the outside. I was expecting a little Austrian charm to spice up the adventure. It certainly did not meet any expectations.

Location: The hotel is approximately 100 ft away from the IH-35 interchange/turnaround and overpass. This tends to amplify the sounds of the steady traffic. If you're a light sleeper, I wouldn't count on much rest.

Building: This is a two story establishment. I looked, but did not see any elevators. If you get a two story room and have ample luggage, expect to get a good work out going up and down the stairs.

Room: The king sized bed was obviously well used. The box springs consisted of two standard sized box springs, with the king sized matress on top. While I don't fault them for that, as it functions adequately, it did lead me to investigate the quality of the matress and other furniture. All of it is at least 10 years old, well worn, for the most part functioning.

Bathroom: Very poorly ventilated, bring your own air freshener. The caulking around the tub and shower have not been done in quite awhile. This leads to the highlight of the trip: cockroaches appearing from behind the showerhead, in the middle of showers.

Pool: What pool? There was a hot tub out there, but it didn't exactly look inviting.

Service: Absolutely horrible.

On a side note, this place is neither German nor Austrian ran. Such disorder would never have been acceptable. You can find better places to stay in the area at comparable prices.

Final thoughts, as a safety inspector, it would probably take me all of an hour to have this building condemned.

Room Tip: There are some places that are not exactly on the internet in the area. I'd recommend driving ar...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple