“Dont stay here!!!”
Review of Edelweiss Inn

Edelweiss Inn
Ranked #33 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Me and my sister stayed here. We had family that was staying in another hotel. Our family hung out in our room just as we went to there hotel and hung out with them. They tried to say more people stayed the night in our room. They charges us additional 3 people for 3 nights witch came out over $100 . Are account was not in the budget nor did they notify us. We called them to get the situation understood , they yell and hung up on us.
# no customer service
# not clean
# rude
# theifs
# carpet nasty
# my sister had more than 5 bites on her body
# don't waist ur money. My dads room next door was way better and worth the money I think it was motel 6

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank ssingleton1984

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I didn't run into any problems but I was just looking for a place to sleep and bathe and thag was it. Right beside highway 35. There were other options but I figured this was the cheapest. Looked to be run by a family.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kaci G
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The people at the desk were so unfriendly. The room was dirty. Had one roll of toilet paper. The "so called clean towels" were stained. Half the lights didn't work. Second worst place I've ever stayed. Horrible

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Robbipoteet
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Clean, spacious, and close to everything! Friendly staff! Seemed like a family owned property and every minute was enjoyable and refreshing! On the freeway access rd but was quiet- tv was good and for the price-EXCELLENT!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank rkrutherford
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I will never stay here again. During check in I asked for a downstairs room and was charged $10.00 extra. Then opened the door to the room and it looked like we were somewhere in Russia. No doors on the bathroom just curtains. The shower curtain had mildew on it the towels had stains on them and also had the hotel name written on them with permanent marker. This is a place I will never stay again. The staff was nice but very noisy in the morning. At check I was charged $50.00 more dollars than the price I booked online. He said it was taxes and the charge for the downstairs room. Then he gave me a plastic shopping bag from a grocery store full of bagels. Did he think I was really going to eat all those bagels. They should have served them for breakfast since they said they didn't serve breakfast on the weekends.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dakesha W
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We came here for a birthday trip to float Guadalupe. My mother booked 2 rooms for 2 nights. We came n a lil earlier than expected and asked if we could early check n after being told no rudely we went ahead and paid for an entire extra day so that we could go ahead and unpack and settle n to rest. The room was missing patches of carpet and the sink and tub were filthy, & the lock was broke off the door. The morning of checkout we began being hassled to leave at 7am.... this harassment consisted of unrequested wake up calls, several "staff" members knocking on our door, my hubby even Pointed out the posted check out time. We were cussed and had the cops called on us. Rude! After leaving we find out my mother's card was charged double and we r waiting a refund we will probably never see. Will b calling the BBB.... do not stay here.... its appearance is misleading

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Justin L
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stopped here on a spur of the moment and it turned out to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It smelled like smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. Everything was dingy and half cleaned. Even the cords on the lamps had exposed wiring. Unless you're a crackhead or a prostitute, this is going to be a bad experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple