“Oh, it's not that bad!”

Edelweiss Inn
Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
“Oh, it's not that bad!”
Reviewed 29 June 2005

I always stay at this location while my family camps out at the river. Although it doesn't have all the most modern furniture - you get your money's worth. Other places in the area charge you $25 to $50 more a night for the same room. Executive Inn was $25 more expensive and they had the same identical set up as this location just a little newer. The Executive Inn had smaller bathrooms. You get the same brand of shampoo, soap and tissue. You get the same attention from the staff, the same coffee units, refrigerator, microwave, tv with cable and a roomer dressing area. I have always consider the front desk as friendly and courteous as ever. Since I have been staying here numerous times off and on for the last 8 years, I can't help but feel these other reviews must have hit this establishment on a bad day. The Front office has always gone out of their way to assist our family's needs in every way possible. Please give this location a try if you do not want to pay extra just for spending the night in town during a quick visit to the sites.

Stayed May 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 10 November 2004

Don't stay here. Front desk manager was extermely rude. This hotel needs to seriously reconsider who they hire to work the front desk. We were very insulted and will never recommend this hotel to anyone.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2004

After reading prior reviews we were a bit worried; however, we found the place clean, very comfortable and "homey". We would definitely recommend this inn--no problems at all!

4 Thank PhoebeG1966
Reviewed 18 May 2004

Could not believe how dirty our room was. The bugs were terrible as well. We complained about our room and were simply told the staff had a shortage... which ment, our room really never had gotten clean at all before our arrivle.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Singapore
Reviewed 17 May 2004

This is absolutely the worst hellhole I have ever seen! I had roaches in my room, which were "rectified" with a spray of Raid. Another guest in our party had a dog in the room next door which barked all night. The second night we were subjected to drunks outside in the parking lot attending some kind of low rider truck drag racing at 3am. Complaints were met with a shrug of shoulders as they knew there were no other rooms in town. I'd rather have slept in my car!!! AVOID!!!

8 Thank traveller517
Reviewed 3 November 2003

I was concerned about the reviews I had read, so I was expecting the worst. What I got was a clean room with a comfortable bed, good ac and plenty of pillows. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rates were lower than other places I checked, and I think that, for the price, the rooms were just fine. Next time I'm in New Braunfels and I want an inexpensive place to stay, I would stay there.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 July 2003

My two sisters and I have been staying at this little inn for years and always enjoyed it because it was clean, comfortable, and the rates were reasonable. On our most recent stay, they gave us a smoking room (we didn't know until we got to the room that it was smoking.), the rates were about $30 higher for one night that a few months ago, the rooom was very dirty, the chain on the door wouldn't latch, there was no bag for the ice bucket and it was dirty, there was no rug in the bath rooom, the soap wrapper was wet and soggy. When we started to check out we told the manager of all the things that were wrong. He humilated two members of his staff in front of us , then said he would check the room and if it was as bad as we said he would send me a letter and partial refund. I'm still waiting!!!

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member