“Out with the old...In with the 'new'...”

Landa RV & Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Braunfels
Landa RV & Campground
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Spring of 2014, has brought me here. As the new Park/Host and Chief Maintenance Engnr. Hello, my name is Rob Lucas. The owners of this R/V Park and Campground have relocated me here. To help beautify and bring about some much needed changes to LRVP&CG. I have held mngmnt. positions in 5 resort parks since 2003 - this being my sixth. And I only committed myself to come here - b/c they have assured me that they are willing to invest in 'substantial' upgrading of the facilities. I have extensive property, site improvement, renovation skills and travel/hospitality experience cramming my resume. So, I truly feel that things will only get better! But I will leave the judging of this - to you. My priorities: 1) Friendliness, 2) Customer Service/Satisfaction, 3) CLEAN RESTROOMS, and 4) Good Working/Operating Infrastructure (water, sewer, electric h/u pedestals, and washers/dryers). So, whatever you have read to this point? Let it be. And accept my invitation to come stay with us. If I cannot have you leave here with only good thoughts and memories of your stay with us. And only good things to say after you are gone? Then I will have NOT done my job. And I DO take much pride in my work. You'll SEE this in me - after you have SEEN me in action during your stay with us. And I give you my word on this. My word is my bond. And it's FREE. And most everybody likes getting something that is TRULY free! Yes? So, come see us. Promise you that you and your family will not find a better, more pleasant camping/R/V experience anywhere for the price! I look forward to meeting you. And being...At Your Service, Rob Lucas

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank robert l

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We went to Wurstfest this weekend and used Landa Campgrounds. It doesn't get closer that this. We were across the river from the festival. Grounds are well maintained, it's nothing fancy but when you are camping you don't need anything fancy.... Bathrooms are clean and walking distance, river was crystal clear and facility staff was very friendly.

Yes, the train is a little bit noisy, but it didn't bother me. The crowd at the festival were louder than the train.

We would definitely use this property again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JVTorres
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My husband and i with another couple brought our rvs. The water is so crystal clear. We filled a couple camel packs with cocktails and floated in bliss. The office girls are fantastic and the view is great compared to anything else in the area.I left the aircondition blower fan on high and I slept just fine. There is a bar in walking distance but this place is gated with key card access.

Room Tip: tube rental is in the park and river access is also in the park. Additional parking is available whe...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank docholiday63
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My wife and I invited frinds to go with us to tube the river. My wife' s Frind is handycaped and has never tubed the river. We took our fifth wheel camper to a site with full hook up ( water,electric,sewar). I asked if it also had cable, and was told yes. After talking to the campers next to me who could not get a signal using the anteni ,he could not find the cable connection. The camp site was strange to say the least. The electric and sewar on one side of the camper and the water and cable on the other. Cable did not work. They have a very nice shed for their equipment. And the coine laundry is verry clean, howeverr the bath house looked like it was an after thought. I think if I was to come back to the area, I would stay elsware.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Robert A
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We tent camped here with three other couples (on two campsites) and really enjoyed our stay. Our campsite was right on the river and the bathroom facilities were only a short walk away. Bathroom/shower facilities were clean and any usage fee was included in our campsite fee. We were a rowdy group but we did clean up after ourselves and had no problems with management. In fact the receptionist called us before we arrived to offer us a campsite closer to the river that had come available and did not charge us extra for the change (river front sites cost more). Likewise the man who picked us up after tubing told us to keep our wristbands so we could be picked up again after a second trip down the river free of charge. The only downsides were the train coming through in the middle of the night (yes it's loud but we will still go back) and there are no fire pits/BBQ pits at the tent camping sites, you have to bring your own. This is the only campground on the Comal and overall we had a great time!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Horsepower1974
Reviewed 28 October 2012

The older man who rides around in the golf cart - VERY RUDE,BAD ATTITUDE! The front office lady-HORRIBLE, UNPROFESSIONAL ATTITUDE to the point of disbelief! It seemed as though their focus was to make your stay as unpleasant as possible. YOU COULD NOT PAY ME ENOUGH TO STAY THERE AGAIN! Dirty rundown facility. Train kept you awake all night! Even though the campground was nearly vacant they put the campers right next to each other. When you asked to move down a space they refused with a terrible attitude! NOT ONE of those vacant spaces was occupied the entire weekend.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank julie j
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Felt compelled to write a review after reading the others...
Yes, the management keeps an eye on parked cars, but it is for safety reasons. It is a sloped and narrow road and would be difficult to navigate around parked cars. I would rather have mgt prevent damage to my vehicle and to others' rvs than just turn a blind eye.
And yes, there is a train that goes through the park. It is raised and poses no safety issues, but is LOUD. However staff informed me of the train when I made the reservations so if it was an issue then thats my own fault because I was forewarned. It woke my husband and I up a few times over the course of a week, but really wasn't an issue to us. Our kids slept through it. The staff was very nice and accomodating, and our site was terrific. The only issue we had was that the previous campers left a rotting fly trap hanging in a tree (well hidden). The smell was horrendous. However once we discovered the source maintenance came in under 5 min, removed it, thoroughly washed the ground were it burst when it was removed, and then came back a few minutes later with a trailerfull of fresh dirt and placed 2 layers over the area to ensure the smell would disappear. I felt that was above and beyond... Especially since I wasn't even angry or upset with them about it. I just asked if it could be removed....
I also like the key card system for the front gates so you have the freedom to come and go at any time without worrying about getting locked out.
Swimming was fabulous... The Comal is spring fed so the water levels remain fairly consistent, and the water is about 72 degrees and incredibly clear. Restrooms were clean.... We were sad to go. But we will definitely be back again next summer!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family