“A Beautiful Place with a Gracious Hostess”

Texas SunCatchers Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Braunfels
Texas SunCatchers Inn
Ranked #12 of 17 New Braunfels B&B and Inns
Ponder, Texas
“A Beautiful Place with a Gracious Hostess”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

My 10 year old daughter and I stayed at Texas Suncatchers Inn for a recent end of Summer visit to New Braunfels in August 2012. The reservation was last minute (booked on Tuesday morning for a Wednesday through Sunday stay ) and the owner, Kim, was extremely helpful with details about the tubing policies on the Comal and what we should bring, etc...
I was happy to find a place at the last minute during the height of their Summer season regardless, but when we arrived I was quite surprised at how lovely and charming the property is. And also how private! The entire yard is surrounded by a high (10 feet?) concrete fence and it is quite discreet.

When we arrived after our drive, there were freshly baked cookies on fine china to greet us. Kim welcomed us and showed us around giving us a bit of history about the property and the area in general. Because we were the only ones booked in on Wednesday and Thursday nights, she allowed us to choose the room we wanted to occupy. My daughter had a difficult time choosing, but finally settled upon the Rose Room. This room is unique in that it can be closed off from the rest of the house, along with the Moon Room and a private bath, as a suite. The Moon Room has 2 twin beds and a toy box in the closet and my daughter was very happy to see this. While she preferred to sleep with me in the king size bed in the Rose Room, she placed her own toys and stuffed animals and played in the Moon Room. Even though we had only booked one room, Kim was EXTREMELY welcoming and eager to please and encouraged us to choose the Rose and Moon suite so that my daughter could have that room in which to spread out. I was impressed by this as well, because in my experience with most B&B's that allow children (and many places I have stayed do not allow children at all or at least under age 16), is that children are tolerated - at best. Here, my daughter was welcomed and made to feel comfortable and there were lots of toys, games, paper, crayons, markers, etc...for her to occupy herself with while I unpacked. Something else that I loved about this B&B was that it was not overcrowded with bric-a-brac so that the guest does not have a place to put their necessities. Not that there were not tchotchkes to look at, there certainly were, and quite interesting ones, but it was not overdone or crowded.

The basics of any good B&B are: a comfortable bed-check, a good reading light-check, ample room to store clothing, etc...-check, cleanliness-check, plenty of towels in the bathroom-check, a delicious homemade breakfast-check. Every basic is met here. But you can receive the basics at most hotels along I-35 and I frequent B&B's and guesthouses because I like something more. A personal touch. I received this here and was very pleased. Kim is unobtrusive, yet there whenever you need her. She has terrifice suggestions for dinner and knows the area like the back of her hand. She makes you feel welcomed and something more even, but I cannot define it. Little things, like having brochures on hand for literally every activity in the county, leaving the kitchen open for late night snacks and allowing the use of it for fixing lunch or snacks, having a selection of movies for every age range, serving guests using nice china and linens even when one of the guests is a little girl and many other congenial touches.

In all, I give this B&B my highest recommendation and my daughter and I plan to return and hope it will be with all of our family.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice in their own unique way, but I preferred the Rose Room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Andrea in Texas

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Beaumont
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I was welcomed warmly by Kim, the owner, with drinks & cookies. The gardens & grounds were nicely landscaped. My room was comfortable & clean. Breakfast was my favorite part. I happened to be the only guest at that time so I asked Kim to join me after she cooked. The food was delicious & the company was nice! Will stay there again if I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The Texas SunCatcher Inn was a very nice bed and breakfast. The innkeeper has a flair for keeping lots of activities in the house, and the pool was great. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the extra amenities were great. Nice, clean, quiet and a fun place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kat T
TX
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Me and 7 of my girlfriends stayed here for the 2nd night of a bachelorette party, it was perfect! We lounged most of the day outside in the pool and the hot tub that can fit up to 7. The pool is a renovated, vinyl lined pool built long time ago...basic nice-sized pool and it definitely worked for all of us! we had such wonderful time that they kept thanking me for finding the place. It was clean (not white glove clean), beds and pillows were super comfortable..the house was very charming! Kim was very sweet, sorta quiet and a very nice lady and willing to accommodate, just ask! She answered all my questions via email and phone, and most of all she gave us our privacy.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends