After shopping to the drop point, we checked into Gruene Mansion. What a clever use of old wood and antiques. The grounds are gorgeous using strictly native plants and trees. The rooms are so special and unusual that you could just stay there looking at the designs of nature in the old pieces of, probably, barn wood. But you must get out and tour the property. The Guadalupe River runs just below most of the acreage and with the ancient trees lining it you are automatically swept back in time.
The Inn is run by people who evidently love their job and the place because everyone is very helpful and eager to share information about their "home." It is located in the heart of Gruene so once you park, at the Inn, you won't have to move the car again until you are ready to leave. So many great shops, restaurants, and entertainment within walking distance.
I would recommend this place for a honeymoon, family gathering, a weekend get away, or no need for an excuse at all, JUST GO!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is made up of cottages filled with antiques overlooking the Guadalupe River ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Gruene Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gruene Mansion Hotel New Braunfels
- Gruene Mansion Inn Bed And Breakfast
- Gruene Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast New Braunfels, Texas