I'd say this place is great for a little overnight adventure for Austin couples. This place is right next door to Gruene Hall so if you are going to a show and would like a comfortable (if a wee bit pricey) place to crash after a show, this is a wonderful treat. My boyfriend and I stayed in one of the cottages by the river (note the cottages are separate, behind the house- we stayed in the River Tree Loft). I could not have asked for a much nicer birthday gift. I must admit the cottages inside are very dark and the atmosphere inside reminded me of a long lost dead auntie's attic bedroom, but that did not inspire me to rate this bed and breakfast down a notch at all (see pictures). It is simply the style in which the places are built. It might have been the fact that we had the entire place to ourselves on a cold weeknight that gave the place a whiff of shivers. The bed was comfortable and we slept very well though. Our breakfast was fixed just for us at the time of our choosing since we were the only ones there. We had lovely German lemon pancakes with butter, cinnamon rolls, fruit, and their tasty Texas Pecan coffee. We were treated very well and I wish to return some day to stay in the house itself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is made up of cottages filled with antiques overlooking the Guadalupe River ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Gruene Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gruene Mansion Hotel New Braunfels
- Gruene Mansion Inn Bed And Breakfast
- Gruene Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast New Braunfels, Texas