We just returned from a weekend in Gruene, Texas at the Gruene Mansion Inn. It is a beautiful property in a prime location, you can walk everywhere from here. The famous Gruene Dance Hall is directly next door. Restaurants are all right around, shopping, wine tasting all right out the front gate. It was still a little cool for us to take a raft or tube down the river, but we easily strolled to the bank, and in the summer you don't need a car to get to the river rental places. We had the River Hideout room facing the Guadalupe River and it was just lovely for two. Birds singing, butterflies around, you can hear the river and the motorcycles going to a favorite stop across the river, but not distracting, just a great atmosphere. All the rooms facing the river have a wooden porch with rockers, a perfect perch for a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of wine at night (oh okay maybe the afternoon, too). All employees and residents were friendly. Breakfast buffet was served at the main house every morning, weather was great so we took our plates to the patio. I would recommend this property to anyone. I have uploaded some pics of our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is made up of cottages filled with antiques overlooking the Guadalupe River ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Gruene Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gruene Mansion Hotel New Braunfels
- Gruene Mansion Inn Bed And Breakfast
- Gruene Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast New Braunfels, Texas