“Doesn't get better than this!”

Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort
Milano, Texas
“Doesn't get better than this!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The cottages are fantastic with a full kitchen and plenty of room. Places for the whole family to have fun on site, including tons of things for the kids. Clean and well worth the $$. I will stay there every time I'm in town!
Steven

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Stevenaggie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Somerville, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We had a great time!! Location was perfect...near all the little towns we wanted to see. They have a lot to offer for all family members, even us old kids that like to act like young ones, lol. Can't wait to see the new addition of out-door pool.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank vmartin211
Driftwood, Texas
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This place is nice with trees yet they aren't in your way. The Staff could not have been any more pleasant, not only when booking but when you leave. Its a pretty place, clean and large. I could only give it three stars because we stayed in a camping trailer not a cabin and the road noise is terrible. Its right off highway 35 and we even asked for a place at the back away from the highway. They were more than accommodating and gave us a nice, level pull-through spot and still we were kept up all night by loud horns, Jake brakes on semi's and non-stop cars on a very busy highway. This is not their fault but I doubt that we will stay there again. Also, keep in mind if you stay here that there are two railroad lines running different directions with a fairly often train on them. We love trains so the first one we heard was "oh, cool, it's a train", then right after you go to sleep you say "wow, that's the train and its much louder at night" and then a few hours into your sleep you think "dang, is that the train again" and then before you wake up in the morning guess what "you hear the train again". Of all the places we have stayed, this place has the nicest people and if you are a sound sleeper and cars and trains don't bother you then this place is close to everything you would want to do in New Braunfels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TREVI36
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This place beats a hotel hands down. More than enough to entertain the kids. Cottages are very clean and new. WIFI was terrible. Beds were a little small and the mattress was very bouncy. Location and great and very convenient. Would stay here again and recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a cottage with good WIFI
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
freeport, tx
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Check in was fast and easy, even with all the construction being done for new outdoor pool. The cabin we stayed in was exactly like the pictures on their website, The full kitchen was great, so was having an area with couch and flat screen tv. The bathroom was small, but they made the most of the space, The bath towels were wonderful, hoping to find some online to buy for my home. If there was one thing I could change it would the bed. That was the worst bed I have ever tried to sleep on, at one point got up to sleep on couch. With that being said I would return in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Off Season Rates (9/2/13-5/15/2014) "Queen Room" $65 Reserve Now

After making a reservation, I received a call-back that the off season rate listed on the website would not be honored. I am a teacher & could not afford the newly quoted rate they decided to charge due to an event not listed on the website.

I had been very excited about the prospect of staying at Hill Country & planned to check out the facilities for a future family vacation because the off season rates are within reach for someone on a tight budget.

The first person I spoke to was very nice when taking my reservation and all of my credit card information. I was excited to be able to find a place I could afford on a limited budget. It is poor business practice, I feel, to reserve at and then retract a listed rate. My visit to see a friend was ruined & as a teacher who makes little money, I was made to feel worthless yet again by a business that values a few dollars over anything else.

I was put on a waiting list in case they can't fill the place at the higher rate. Somehow that doesn't make me feel like a valued customer. I wonder if losing my business & any future business from me & my large extended family will be worth the the extra amount they hope to receive for those two nights at the higher rate.

Highly disappointed

Room Tip: Be sure to question the listed rate BEFORE finalizing a reservation.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank TeacherDebZ63
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Took one last summer trip and tried the resort on the advice of my brother. A great place that has privacy you will not find at a hotel. We got our own house with no disturbing noises like you get in a hotel, even had our own porch. Very peaceful. Our daughter loved the loft. We look forward to going back for Wurstfest.

• Stayed September 2013