“Delicious tacos, great value”

Taqueria El Tapatio
Ranked #86 of 260 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, Florida
“Delicious tacos, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I live in Austin but go to New Braunfels frequently for work. Nowhere in Austin have I found $1.75 tacos that are nearly as well-made and filling as the ones at Taqueria El Tapatio. In Austin, to get this kind of quality it would probably be $3-$4 per taco. The ingredients are just fantastic, and the people who work there are very friendly and helpful. I've gotten the chicken, al pastor and barbacoa, and they're all amazing, but I'm especially fond of the al pastor (the seasonings are wonderful) and barbacoa. Each taco is so delicious and filling, and the corn tortillas are fantastic! Definitely go here if you're in New Braunfels and want a delicious and economical meal served by friendly people (whether at the drive-thru or sitting in the restaurant).

• Visited June 2014

Houston, Texas
“Excellent breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is an authentic Mexican place for a good Mexican breakfast. Look no further, this is the place. Its small, does not look like much...but it is the real deal. Service is excellent...so is the refried beens!

• Visited April 2014
Huntsville, Alabama
“I'd East Here for the Refried Beans!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stopped in for lunch and found a great special - $5.99 for a plate lunch plus a drink. We enjoyed their chips and salsa and the refried beans that came with our meal were very, very good. They were so tasty that we decided they didn’t need any added seasonings or toppings of any kind and agreed they really were best eaten completely unadulterated. My burrito wasn’t the best I’d ever had and my husband said his fajita meat was a little bland but we can’t complain too much as everything else was so good. I highly recommend this place for lunch. Oh, the service was exceptional - very fast and friendly and they responded to our every request. They even gave us a cup of salsa to go with our leftovers.

• Visited March 2014
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Service is great. I love their tortilla soup and huevos rancheros. Not a fancy place but consistently good food. Great coffee, also.

Visited December 2013
“Mexican Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed at The Faust Hotel which was only two doors down, and wanted a more hearty breakfast than what was offered at the hotel. Very pleasantly surprised by the breakfast, however, the bacon tasted old, but that was our only negative experience.

Visited June 2013