“Sports Bar with Really Good Food”

Mozie's Bar & Grill
Ranked #9 of 265 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Cee Vee
“Sports Bar with Really Good Food”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I think this is the best place in Gruene to eat. It has character. The wait staff is friendly and helpful. The food is much better that the more popular places in town.

Visited November 2013

Perryton, Texas
“Good bar for watching sports and hanging out”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I were looking for a place to just relax and hang out for a while. Mozie's has a really long bar with several tvs. It's a good place to watch sports. I had the house cabernet and chardonnay and I wasn't crazy about either of them. There are lots of wine place in New Braunfels, so having wine at Mozie's probably wasn't the best option. Nevertheless, they offer lots of other drinks and beers. They also have a pretty decent menu for a bar. BUT, we decided we were hungry at 10:15 and the kitchen closed at 10:00. The waitress wouldn't even get us chips and salsa, which doesn't even have to be cooked. I was a little irriated by that. I'd still say this a cool place to hang out though.

• Visited October 2013
New Albany, MS
“Loved this little place”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a unique place on the corner in Gruene. My husband ate sliders and said they were great. Good atmosphere and service!

Visited September 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Wonderful Sandwiches”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

While shopping in Gruene we stopped in for some lunch. The skinny fries are sooo good. They have garlic skinny fries too. The sandwiches we got were really tasty and large. I couldn't eat all of my Smoked Turkey sandwich. My friend got the "Grown Up Grilled Cheese' sandwich and it was awesome. It had Gouda and a yellow cheese plus spinach. Yummy. Great prices too. Plus its a bar. Nice place to have a cold adult beverage.

• Visited October 2013
“Starting the down hill slide”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Been here a number of times and found the service and food to be good and it was again. Used to have a really good happy hour but that has changed from $2 Margarita's to $4.50 glasses of water with salt around the rim passed off as Margarita's. Complained to the waitress and she said the machine is broken. They advertise homemade Margarita's as their specialty. Watched several others as they sent drinks back. Talked to the bar tender as we left and his only response was the machine was broken when I said you are a bartender don't you know how to make a Margarita? He walked away. Not much interest in fixing the problem. Should have ordered water and put my own salt around the rim could have saved $9. Food and service is still good but just order water if you go or get a beer. Don't look for the past happy hour.

• Visited September 2013