“Wonderful Marriott Experience in New Braunfels, TX”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Keller TX
“Wonderful Marriott Experience in New Braunfels, TX”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Family spent one night at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, New Braunfels, TX and had a great experience. The property was immaculate, the staff was warm, welcoming and attentive. The "HOT" breakfast was really delicious with great variety and excellent quality of food. All our pre-check-in requests had been fulfilled and we even had extra towels in the bathroom which we'd asked for. The location of this property is excellent if you are visiting and want easy access to San Antonio, Austin and the Hill Country. New Braunfels itself is a great destination with the Schlitterbahn water park and it's own historic section - not to mention the wonderful German heritage foods available! Great stop...wonderful experience! Will use it again when we have another opportunity!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Sherri R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
I wanted to say thank you for such a great review about your stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. I am just so grateful when I hear that my staff has gone above and beyond to take care of each and every guest like they would want to be taken care of themselves. I do hope you come back and stay with us during the summer and visit Schlitterbahn and all the local attractions. Thanks again.

Sherri Reilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Hallettsville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed here with our select baseball team. We were playing at the new complex between San Marcos and New Braunfels. The hotel decor was really nice - somewhat modern looking. The baseball boys even commented on it. The room was really nice as well. We had an extra kid who ended up staying with us, so we needed an extra bed. The rollaway beds were taken, but we used our twin Aero bed and had plenty of room. They have an amazing breakfast - scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal (already made), danishes, etc. It is a full breakfast. The staff was very nice and helpful. The pool is nice but a bit small, not that they can change that feature. We will stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Sherri R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thank you so much for your great response about the Fairfield Inn & Suites of New Braunfels. It is so good to hear that you and the boys enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your future travels.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

The room was very clean and comfortable. The shower was great!!! Nice large room in lobby for meeting with friends and for the free breakfast. I liked that the windows opened a bit to allow fresh air in.

Be careful if using your GPS - mine took us to a location in San Marcos instead even though we put in the right zip code.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Sherri R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
I wanted to thank you so much for your kind words about the Fairfield Inn & Suites of New Braunfels. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your time staying with us. We aim to be your home away from home.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed here for one night earlier this week and were pleasantly surprised. We had wanted to stay at the Courtyard across I-35, as it is on the river, but that hotel was all booked up. Settled for this Fairfield property which seems to be a fairly new build. The room was clean and the staff seemed friendly. There is a small refrigerator in the room, which was unexpected. As mentioned in other reviews, access to this hotel is convenient from either the I-35 feeder or I-35 business along the back side of the hotel. The included breakfast in the morning was fine for this type of hotel. Only negative is that there is construction going on right next door (another hotel) and of course you are next to I-35 so there is freeway noise.

Overall, this is a decent hotel for your stay in New Braunfels if you don't need something on the more lux side.

Room Tip: To avoid some of the freeway noise, you might ask for a room closer to I-35 business, which is at th...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Sherri R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
I wanted to thank you for staying here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels. I am happy that you gave us the opportunity to serve you and your family during your travels and look forward to seeing you again soon.

detroit, texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

spent a weekend here. the indoor pool was really great for our 5 year old. room was super clean and comfortable. this seems to be a new build. located on the interstate, easy to get in and out, the rear exit allows one to go under I-35 and go north. exit from the front and your heading south.
the breakfast was fine for us. waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, muffins etc. really busy on saturday morning with a school team eating but everything was still available. the staff kept up while we were there.
we will stay here on our next trip to this area. recieved an email from the manager asking for sugestions for improvements, really dont have any. i feel its a good value for this area

Room Tip: we were on thewest side of the 3rd floor, road noise was not an issue
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Sherri R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you so much for such a positive review for the Fairfiled Inn & Suites of New Braunfels. I do love hearing that you enjoyed your stay. I am also glad to hear that you liked the new hot breakfast that just rolled out this month. I look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Tomball, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

We got pushed outward to New Braunfels for an overnight stay, that was intended for Austin, thanks to SXSW. Even this hotel, as well as others surrounding it, were at 100% occupancy. Lessen learned - don't plan quick trips without paying attention to what is going on, convention-wise.

The front desk was very friendly, however our room was not ready at 3pm. We got in our room closer to 4pm, due to housekeeping running behind. It wasn't a big deal.

The room is tee-niny. Most likely the smallest hotel room we've ever stayed in. The cleanliness of the room was okay, but anything covered in fabric, had some questionable stains on it. I never sat in the tiny blue chair. It was filthy, as was the padded luggage stand/bench. Our TV remote didn't work, and the TV itself seemed like it was going to fall of its stand.

The location was decent. About 5 minutes to downtown New Braunfels, and about 15 minutes to Gruene.

Would I stay here again? Probably not, and this has everything to do with the room's interior condition.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Terry
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

Upon arrival on March 1 the first bed outer sheet had a stain on the sheet. I thought I won't use it. Second on Saturday while at Texas State I get a call asking if I was checking out I
made my reservation for two days. Upon return to the hotel stopped by the
front desk an found out I was checked out then back in. Then the fire alarm
kept going off. I offer my help to get the alarm off and to get the
elevators reset. Your staff was trying to do the right things but need
training alarms. Then on Sunday my bill was wrong because when we were
checked out then back in the rate changed it was corrected when I asked.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
ttribby, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to communicate why our service did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible. Our company aims to consistently deliver a professional service to our customers. We will evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring in the future.