“Nice place to stay North of SA”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed 20 April 2014

If you need to do a lot of things in New Braunfels or shopping in San Marcos - very nice hotel to stay. They have a few nice double suites if someone needs the extra space like I tend to, staff was super friendly, hotel clean and organized. Full breakfast to enjoy as well. I will be returning for sure

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Cynthia V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

HI 421RickH!

SO glad to hear you had a great time and enjoyed the hotel! Thank you for staying with us! Hope to see you soon! Have a great day.!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We had upgrade to a Double-Queen Studio which was spacious. Had sofa bed and chair-still only one tv but that was fine. Lots of space in the living area. Bathroom was standard but fine. Our room was at East end of hall nearest Interstate which was noisy for me but didn't affect my spouse. Breakfast was the standard fare for Fairfield's. There are not any restaurants adjoining-I saw a chain steakhouse across the Interstate. The next morning we saw a lot of food choices at next exits north. Thankful we had eaten before we checked in so we didn't have to go hunt for somewhere to eat. Bed was comfortable. Price was VERY reasonable, about $50 less than we paid the night before-really happy about that.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from Interstate
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cynthia V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope to meet you on your next visit!

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

The check in clerk was friendly and courteous. The hotel was nice and clean. Beds were comfortable, and it was an AWESOME complimentary HOT breakfast (waffles included)! The one thing that really bothered me was that there were only 2 luggage carts available for the ENTIRE hotel. Because of this, I had to make a couple of trips (to and from the 3rd floor) to get our luggage. Normally, I wouldn't take issue with something so petty, but given that I was on a time constraint to get to a wedding, this proved to be very inconvenient. Even when I asked another employee in the lobby for a luggage cart, he made no effort to locate one. :-/ Other than that, everything else was great! I particularly liked the location and its proximity to the highway.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Marcy M
Cynthia V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Hi Marcy M form Laredo!

I am so glad you enjoyed our breakfast!! But I sorry to hear you had problems getting a luggage. :( I will look into getting another one or two. Next time your in town and you need help with your luggage I will help up to your room! I hope to see you soon! have a great Day!
SHINE! SMILE!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

After a mishap with another local establishment, our experience at the Fairfield Inn in New Braunsfels was absolutely incredible. April at the front desk went out of her way to hep us and solve our problems, that were not the responsibility of Fairfield Inn to begin with at all. It is so refreshing to see someone go above and beyond in their job and take pride in their work. After a long day of traveling, April made our day and our trip. April is a true asset to this establishment and to the hospitality industry.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Cynthia V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

HI Greg!

I am so happy to hear the the April was able to help you and accommodated you to your satisfaction! And your right April is a great asset to the hotel!! Thank you for sharing your experience with our Triipadvisor friends! It is always nice to be recognized for a job well done! We look forward in your next visit! Have a great day!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

The hotel is beautiful and in a great location. This is weird to say, but the hotel smelled great, loved it. I have a few compliants that kept me from giving the hotel 4 or 5 stars and these are just minor. We heard a lot of road noise at night that kept up us and the walls were paper thin. we heard folks stomping down the halls and walking in the room above us. The lady that takes care of breakfast in the morning was super rude. We stayed a Saturday through Tuesday, weekends breakfast is served until 9:30, during the week it's until 9:00. I was unaware of the time change from the weekend to weekday and my family came down at 9:00 to eat and the lady was so rude, and wouldn't let us get any thing. Really, we're on vacation!!! I picked this hotel because of the indoor pool. I have little kids and I thought this was something they would enjoy in the evenings. They got to enjoy the pool one day and the rest of the time it was out of commission. Boo! I'm not sure if we will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen F
Cynthia V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

HI Karen,
Thank you for staying with and please accept my apologies for my breakfast host. She as a little overwhelmed and was covering for someone else. That was my fault for not getting her some help. As for the pool, I wish I would have had things fixed sooner so you could have enjoyed the pool for your entire stay. It has been fixed and my new maintenance person is going to do the best he can to keep it fully functional from now on. I can’t do much about the noise but on your return visit we can certainly try to accommodate you in a room furthest from the highway. We hope to see you again and I only ask that you give us another chance! I thank you again and I hope you have a great day!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed here for the location. Hotel was relatively new and looked it. Staff was very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. Only complaint was the constant noise of the highway which made getting a good night's sleep difficult. Next time will request room away from highway..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My normal work hotel's water main broke, so I had to scramble to get a hotel for 2 days. Called Fairfield Inn and spoke with Missy, while on the road. When I arrived, she knew who I was and had everything ready for me. Hotel was super clean, free breakfast, and just a few exits from my work destination. Hotel is located near alot of restauraunts and shopping. San Marcos outlets are just a few exits up. Hotel had an indoor pool and hot tub. Nice , but small, workout facility. Easy access to the freeway. Clean rooms, nice furnishings and really helpful employees.
I will be back soon.