“Kicked out because of their booking mistake! Thanks for making our 33 Wedding Anniversary one we will NEVER forget.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Braunfels
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We call for a reservation on the evening of August 15, 2014 were were told they had a King Suite for TWO nights at 219.00 per night. We booked the room at that time, the person who took the reservation asked if we would like a conformation email, we said yes; this morning we woke up to fine a checkout cert under our door. They did not send an email. So we have been told to vacate our room because they have no rooms available. WE WILL NEVER STAY AT ANOTHER MARRIOTT PROPERTY AGAIN! I will do my best to get others to boycott them as well! I WANT TO THANK THESE INCOMPETENT INDIVIDUALS FOR RUINING OUR 33 ANNIVERSARY!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DST5714
Cynthia V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Mr. DST5714 from Tomball, TX,
Let me start by saying I am soooo sorry about happened to you and I am really sorry that happened on your anniversary! I have asked reservations to be more careful when making reservations and to be sure to repeat reservation details back to our guests. I’ m sure this communication error on our part caused you a great inconvenience. It looks like we failed in many ways since my front desk staff should also have verified your length of stay during our check in process to avoid any errors. I have arranged a meeting with my staff in this regards to ensure this never happens again.
If you decide to give us another opportunity to make things right please give me a call and I will be happy to do everything we call you win you back. Once again I am very sorry!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here after driving from Dallas to visit Schlitterbaun. Nice hotel, clean rooms, and lots of excited kids! We didn't eat breakfast. We drove to chickfila. Location is very close. Very nice people

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Cynthia V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you Jenmisstx for staying with us and for the great comments about our hotel. We hope to see you again soon! Have a great day!!!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Clean, convenient, breakfast, and super friendly staff! I have stayed at the Courtyard New Braunfels in the past, but never here. Courtyard was sold out so I stayed here. Great alternative and not as expensive. Breakfast was your standard continental free breakfast. Great place to stay in NB.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Cynthia V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hi there FrozenMargNoSalt!

Thank you so much for your great review on our hotel! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a terrific hotel. Clean, nicely decorated, convenient. Breakfast offerings were better than what is normally found. The personnel were very friendly and efficient, especially Alice at the front desk. I normally don't stay at Fairfield, but this will prove to be an exception.

Room Tip: Top floor, either side, is always the best and quietest.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Hi John H from McKinney, TX,

I am glad you gave us a shot and enjoyed your stay! I look forward in meeting you during your next visit! Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

After long day at schlitterbuhn. We arrived check in was delightful, grab the take out menu of Chinese. Swimming pool is small it's inside. Beds are nice comfortable. This place was nice for the price.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank fire860

Hi Fire860,

It is always music to my ears when I hear guest say such great things about their stay! Thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you soon!!!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was well appointed. The desk staff were especially nice and considerate. While located on a major thorough fare, it is minutes away from most major points if interest. It is definitely a place to consider.

• Stayed: July 2014
Cynthia V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Hi Kathryn K,

Thank you so much for your great comments! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Came here on vacation nice and clean good free breakfast staff very friendly and close to everything and if u like shopping you will love the area theres also alot of good BBQ places close by only downfall was the heat in texas in the summer but thats texas lol

Stayed: July 2014

HI Mr. Peter H!

Sorry about the HEAT! LOL I glad you enjoyed the BBQ in the area. There are so many and they all have their own taste! I am sure you didn't get to enjoy them all so I am sure you will be back. Try coming November or December when its only in the 80's and not soooo hot! Thank you for staying with and for the great review of our hotel! See you soon!