“Very nice hotel great price”

Wingate by Wyndham New Braunfels
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I wish I would have known about this hotel sooner. We decided to stay one more night and found this hotel by default. It was much nicer than the other hotel we stayed at in New Braunfels. Easy drive to Schlitterbahn.

There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham New Braunfels

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Nice, comfortable,beds, good proxmiity to Intersate 35 and Gruene Road. Liked the indoor pool and the indoor whirlpool. This hotel is comparable to "Hampton Inn" or "Springfield Inn". Right across the highway from world's largest "Bucee's" I liked the equipment in the exercise room.

Yes, there is some kind of "artist" that is next door that specializes in "metal art". But if you can't get over that..you need to get over yourself.

No security issues with car.

There are no restaurants in "walking", but there are dozens within 2 or 3 minutes drive.

Make reservations for this hotel with confidence of a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Very pleased with the beds, the natural light, the furniture and the cleanliness of this room. My son and I stayed here three nights while my husband worked in the area. The only thing I wish it had was an outdoor pool rather than an indoor pool. Breakfast daily was also a plus!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Well, I heard about the junk yard and the donkeys as we were riding the elevator up to our room for the first time. A little girl was so excited to tell us all about it. We did end up having the view of the junkyard from our room. Not a pleasant view, but I had two kids with me as well that enjoyed coming in each time and finding the donkeys! They loved it so that's all that mattered. We stayed 3 nights. The room was clean, and the bed was comfy. The breakfast was your typical eggs, bacon, cereal, muffins, and make your own waffles. Traffic can be difficult crossing when coming and going due to the two lane road especially if you are heading west to Gruene. Loved having Buccee's and a Target so close.

Room Tip: Unless you want the view of the junk yard request a room at the front of the building.
1  Thank Kim H
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stayed here for two nights after purchasing on priceline. I had read reviews of opening the window and seeing a junk yard. I did open I window and saw some metal items just to see what the complaining was all about. It was not biggie. I don't spend much time in a room and take in the view. What I can say about this place was the bed was amazingly comfortable! I could have stayed in it all day. The pillows were great as well. The King Suite was large and alot of room to get around with no problem. It is really close to the area of Gruene and Schlitterbaun. I thought I was far from the attractions but ended up within 5 mintues of Gruene and the Gualalupe River. Great hotel, great food around and the new Bucky's is walking distance. Loved it!!

1  Thank wordtothewise2011
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The proximity of this location to both New Braunfels and Gruene activities was great. The hotel staff was accomodating and pleasant. Breakfast was your typical "free breakfast" but was entirely satisfactory. They tried extremely hard to keep the breakfast items stocked but it was very busy and there was an occasional wait for certain items and also a wait for seating in the eating area. Housekeeping did a good job and overall the facility was very clean. The indoor pool was disappointing and the hot tub was lukewarm at best.
If you have read other reviews of this hotel, you already know about the scrap metal yard next door, making the view absolutely horrible. However, we actually enjoyed the two donkeys residing in the junkyard ! They were very friendly and we enjoyed petting them; however, I'm not quite sure they made up for the problem of opening the curtains each morning to see nothing but a junkyard vista. Just one of those cases where you need to "know before you go" so that you can be prepared.

Room Tip: Be prepard to hear the donkeys very early in the mornings!
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. It was a fine experience staying here except for the following issues: The bathroom vent was covered with an accumulation of thick, moldy dust and I'm very allergic. Also, the Do-Not-Disturb sign prevented the staff from attending to the room and we're confdent we didn't put it on the door before leaving to sightsee; so, it's a mystery and at least a misunderstanding. Fortunately we had enough towels to see us through till our departure but I think a call/message would probably have been in order. The breakfast was fine and coffee actually quite good which we really appreciated, but the crockpot scrambled eggs were kind of wet; maybe there's another way to do those or even offer hardboiled eggs? The only other suggestion involves the comforter on the bed which seems more suited to winter than the typical April weather in Texas.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends