“Run! Don't walk away from this property.”

Wingate by Wyndham New Braunfels
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
“Run! Don't walk away from this property.”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

When we checked in I discovered the glasses in the bathroom were dirty and had lipstick all over them I reported this to the front desk and asked to talk to the manager about it. She was very rude and not accommodating at all. I was concerned what else in the room was not also cleaned very well. She informed me the manager was gone and would be here the next morning. Whe I went down to talk with him also with the pictures of the glasses he was not at all concerned and he barely took the time to talk to me. I expected him to apologize sincerely to me about it but it was like I was bothering him for telling him about it. He was supposed to call me when he got there that morning and I had to go to lobby and track him down. We would have left and not stayed but no other hotels around had vancancies. I am very disappointed I this manager and property and would not recommend it to anyone. I thought maybe he might seem a little more concerned about the issue. I will not stay there again and will tell everyone I know about this issue.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Matousm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

You get to know a hotel when you spend a few days there. This is a decent property, nothing fancy, staff seem friendly, beds are comfortable enough for a good night sleep. The few "quirks" as a desk clerk called them become significant after a day or two. We were on the fourth floor which has no ice machine. Using the elevators became an exercise in patience as they are very slow. The remote controls for TV are slow and awkward too, no scanning and half the channels are unavailable...on the plus side there are a lot of little extras at breakfast that I appreciated like packets of hot sauce and catsup, peanut butter and honey, cream cheese and jellies. Since we were here last year a giant strip mall has appeared on the other side of the freeway that has lots to offer. Construction is still going on on the road in front of the hotel and is worse than last year. If you come in the summer there will be lots of kids! Not a great value unless you book early. The reason we return is the closeness to Gruene. Period.

Stayed July 2014
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our entire block of reservations for family flying in for a wedding was incorrectly booked and although confirmed and held with a credit card, partially cancelled. The parents of the bride had to go find other accommodations at another hotel chain. This hotel was recommended by Milltown District, the wedding venue, which made this doubly unforgivable. This additional stress was unnecessary and would have been avoided if this hotel was taking care of its business.
They were unable to repair the reservations or find other rooms, did not offer to look for other accommodations at another Wyndham chain, although there is another one in town, and failed miserably to attempt to fix the damage done.
For a confirmed room and carefree stay in New Braunfels, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Janice E

Travellers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

San Juan, Tx
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here from a resort comp. we got back after 12pm and picked up our children for a day on the town. I asked cleaning lady that they could clean our room as we would be out for the day. Her reply was "the room is not on my list." I let front desk know about it. We came back late afternoon and room was never cleaned. I went down to get clean towels and let desk know that the room was not cleaned. Her reply was " you had the do not disturb sign on at 11." The cleaning crew does not go back to check. They just skip the room without cleaning it

• Stayed July 2014