“It was fine.”

Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Texas
“It was fine.”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Breakfast was somewhat sparse, compared to the Marriott properties where we normally stay, but otherwise it was a good, well-kept property.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Houston
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The rooms were nice and clean. The pool are was nice, warm, and clean. The breakfast was one of the best I have had, with a variety of items to choose from. The staff was friendly and attentive. I would stay here aagin!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Spring, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

From actual letter to Wingate "It looked nice enough upon arrival. Then later that evening, when pulling out the couch bed, my son wanted another blanket and we needed some extra pillows as there were none in the room. He (16yo) called the front desk and was told that he could get a blanket but the front desk girl did not have access to pillows so they would be forthcoming the next day. I did not notice until later that he did not get a blanket, he was given a mattress pad.
The pillows never came to the room.
The eggs at breakfast on Thursday morning were as salty as potato chips. The bacon was not fully cooked. Also, when the syrup ran out for the pancakes and waffles, it took 15 minutes to find someone to refill the container and another almost 10 minutes to get the task done.
Friday morning the pancake machine was broke, and there was undercooked sausage, eggs less salty but still WAYYY too much.
Also, Friday morning, housekeeping came to the room while we were still dressing and we asked them to come back later and when we returned to our room that evening, they never had come back.
One thing I have not mentioned yet, is the UNCOMFORTABLENESS of your beds. The king bed was lumpy and too soft and the pullout couch bed was terrible. I bed the mattress was only about 2 inches, very worn and it was so bad the first night that my 16 year old ended up sleeping on the floor the rest of the nights, more comfortably that the pullout. The other child was small so she slept okay.
The last morning, when my husband went to get a cart the front desk person told him the reason we got a mattress pad instead of a blanket the first night was because they were out of blankets.
Lastly, when I went to check us out, I was asked if our fire alarm had gone off in the room. When I stated no, I was told that yes it had silently. Am I to assume that I do not need to hear it to escape if necessary???
And I guess not lastly before, when I was checking out, NO ONE ASKED ME HOW OUR STAY WAS!!!!
Let me be very clear that I will be posting this info, everywhere I can find and will NOT be staying at that facility again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The hallways and elevators are hot and have a bad smell. The carpets in the room were visibly dirty. They took the used towel but did not replace it for the next day. When we checked out they would not tell us our total or give us a receipt. They said it was because we booked through a third party. Ridiculous that they would not give us a total for the stay, how can we verify that they charged us correctly. It was close to the hospital where our daughter was staying.

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed at this hotel this week for a vacation, and we were extremely disappointed. We had two rooms. They were absolutely filthy. Dirty handprints on the walls and doors, and my husband knelt down on the carpet in shorts and arose with black knees. Disgusting! The shower was also clogged the first night. Shouldn't the cleaning crew have cleaned the room prior to our visit and noticed the shower wasn't draining? One of our towels was literally ripped with a large tear. Again, shouldn't the cleaning person who folded the towel have known that and not placed it in the room? Finally, breakfast was non-existent. There was literally one piece of bread and one bagel thirty minutes prior to the time breakfast ends. When I asked for more for our family, I was told there wasn't any more because someone forgot to take it out of the freezer the night before. That is unacceptable and terrible customer service! The hotel management should have made alternate food arrangements for its customers as soon as this was discovered instead of telling us we were out of luck. Finally, the person working the hotel desk appeared to be bothered to be at work: unprofessional, grumpy and just all around not friendly. We will never stay at this hotel again, and I advise other customers to beware. As I'm reading through other reviews, there are similar themes across many of the recent ones. Stay away!

Stayed July 2014