“BEWARE ~ Highly Likely You Will Have Some Sort of Bad Experience!”

Wingate by Wyndham New Braunfels
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
“BEWARE ~ Highly Likely You Will Have Some Sort of Bad Experience!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My car was broken into along with two others on Wed 8/20/14. No surveillance cameras on outside of building. While filing police report officer stated its a common occurrence at this hotel and had been happening since hotel opened. Hotel is in a good area of town and one would not think this would happen on a regular basis. When I asked manager about the frequency of the break inns and suggested that they should invest in security or at the very least surveillance cameras on outside of building facing the parking lot manager was rude and acted like it was not a big deal . Then on Friday 8/22/14 another vehicle was broken into along with another brand new vehicle with paper plates was keyed. Very Un-Secure and potentially dangerous. Additionally the room floor was dirty and had several large stains in the carpet. Breakfast area dirty and kitchenware unsanitary. Spoke to several hotel guest throughout our stay and all complained of room cleanliness.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel unless no other choice. If this is the last resort stay on the side facing...
2 Thank Shushawnie G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Danbury
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed it this location because the hotel allows pets. I walked in and the floors in the lobby were dirty. The tile is off-white but looked like it had been mopped with dirty water because there was a gray film all over the floors.

The bathroom in the room was not cleaned thoroughly. Behind the door to into the bath there was grime and hair. The shower walls had dried shower gel from the previous guests and the tub floor was gray/dark.

Avoid the fake eggs and pork sausage for breakfast. They did have batter for waffles and pancakes and other items to pick from.

Front desk staff was friendly and courteous. Just need to do a better job of cleaning.

Stair case was really dirty.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Arlington
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The stay was quiet and the beds comfortable, however, the hotel to my understanding is not very old, yet, it looks run down already. The hallway rugs are stained. My room #320, had a badly water damaged bathroom door, marked up toilet seat, and the bathroom sink shelves were badly scraped up. When I asked the hotel clerk for a toll free number for Wynngate, they could not give it too me and did not even try to look it up for me. The rest of the room was clean, but, the selection of tv programs was limited. One of your rear entrance / exits door had a broken security lock and the door was left unlocked using a rug to keep it open. the Wifi and computers were either very slow or non-operational. Overall, I was a little disappointed. The janitors were nice though and offered assistance when I had trouble with my car. JUst being honest. Dennis McDermott.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Travellers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 August 2014

After checking in we get to our room & the room was filthy!! Beds were not made, half eaten food on the desk, dirty bathroom, carpet filthy & ironing board out. Went down to front desk to complain she sent someone up & all he kept saying is that cleaning rooms is not his job. I went back down to the front desk, clerk was mad that I was voicing my concerns in front of other guest. We had been on the river all day & were still in swimsuits. Clerk never offered us another room so that we could at least shower while our room gets "cleaned" by someone that doesn't know how to clean a room. Front desk was so rude that we ended up leaving & driving 3 hrs back home. I also have video proof of room & staff. I wish I could rate this hotel with no stars!!!

2 Thank Ashley S
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I normally try not to let reviews turn me away, but I should have listen this time. Before I booked this hotel I asked how long have they been open and I was told 4 years. I could not believe this once I saw I how nasty the carpet was in the rooms not to explain the hallways and the elevator. Yes u know the floors get dirty when people leave the pool so I just knew the floors would be clean I the morning Nope! And let's not talk about breakfast the bananas were green and the Apples where brown.

• Stayed August 2014