Hampton Inn & Suites New Braunfels
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Spacious rooms, tolerant to kids (I guess they have too..) and a decent breakfast. All mayor shops are in the area, and the Pizza place is next door, followed by IHOP. Great for dinner. Schitterbahn Park is just 5 minutes easy drive away. Good value for money, book i advance save some money..!

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator (noisy vending machines and kids in the elevator..)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 February 2012

This is a fairly new Hampton. We had a wonderful two night stay here. We chose a king suite and it was very large. The kitchenette included a microwave, refrigerator and small sink. Our room was at the end of the hall and was very quiet. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: top floor, end of hall is very quiet
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Room for very tastefully decorated and staff was very accomodating and professional. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AYERSLISA
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I normally don't post complaints, BUT...
We stayed here for our anniversary. Very nice room. Thought all was well till I got home and realized I left my phone charger plugged in beside the bed. I figured no problem, very nice hotel I will call, HA!!! was told there was a big box of chargers that had been turned in. I ask, ok can you see if one is my Pantech. He said, like I said we have a big box...I said, yes, but I am 3 hours away. Silence. If I could have just popped in and checked the box myself I would not have needed a room to begin with!! I guess customer service ends when you check out. so, no I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank shunnam
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This wonderful German influence town provides a nice break from the crowds of Austin and San Antonio. This location is convenient for day trips to both San Antonio and Austin. The King Suite was nice and room for a weekend get-away. The only issue was minimal staffing after 3 P.M. IF you have get any extra towels, pillows, soap or other room items you need to pick them up yourself at the front desk. I would return to this hotel when I return to the New Braunfels-San Marcos area.

Room Tip: Choose a North Facing room to get away from road noise.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob B
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Stayed here during a Texan music road trip. Hotel was well situated, just off the Highway. Rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed. Front desk a little restrained. Breakfast more than adeqaute. In all, a very satisfying stay in a professionally run hotel. great value for money - would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Oz_texanboy
Reviewed 9 November 2011

The hotel is a couple of businesses back from the highway, so it may be a little harder than some others to find, but we could see it from the freeway - it's not entirely hidden.

The hotel room was laid out very nicely, and bed was very comfortable. We upgraded to a king suite for $10 extra to get the sofa and extra room, and for us it was worth it. Only physical problem with hotel has to do with materials of construction - it looks nice isn't solidly built. For example, you hear every noise through bathroom wall, even with the door shut. Otherwise, this looks like any other Hampton Inn.

From a service standpoint, front desk needed work. When we checked in in the evening, there was only one clerk on duty, and she admitted she was new to the job. When I was there the line was 5 or 6 people long, but she had no one else to help her. When I left to run an errand an hour later, I tried to ask her a question, but she was busy on the phone ordering her dinner from the neighboring restaurant, asking questions, giving her credit card number, etc, making me wait. I finally got tired of waiting, and left to fumble my way around town without directions. She needed to be taught that in a service industry, service comes first - I hope this will come with experience.

The location of the hotel is on a busy street, and the stop lights in the area take a long time to cycle, so the traffic always backed up past the entrance. However, people were pretty good about letting you out - it just took a minute or two.

The free breakfast was typical Hampton Inn quality. If I had paid for it at a sit down restaurant, I wouldn't be as happy, but for a free hotel breakfast, it was fine. "Scrambled" eggs were preformed patties like you would find on a fast food sandwich. "Bacon" was actually ham in the same shape as the eggs. The biscuits were hard - felt like they were made the day before, and reheated an hour before, and then were cold and hard when I went to eat it.

If I was in the area again, i would probably stay there, or at least consider it. A few complaints, yes, but nothing that would keep me from going back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple