“If you want wine, this is the place.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Chicago
“If you want wine, this is the place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Tons of wine selections, mostly Texan. Three free tastes, wines by the glass. Great outdoor seating area under trees to relax and sip. Service wasn't particularly friendly, but it's definitely worth a visit.

Visited March 2014

Brownsville, Texas
“Decent place to rest a bit.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We arrived at this location after my parents decided they wanted to rest and drink some wine. We were shopping in the Gruene downtown area. I went inside and was greeting very warmly. We were recommended the Texas Red by Three Dudes and it was good. We ate a cheese plate and drank the bottle outside. It was pleasant and the scenery was calming. We loved it. The service and staff were great!

Visited March 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Wine tasting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I had the "Jalapano Wine" and it was very interesting. I must say this place is very cozy and they have a very decent selection of wine.

Visited July 2013
Winnipeg, Mb
“Grossly overpriced wine! Buy elsewhere.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We were staying in the Gruene area and stopped at The Grapevine for their wine tasting. The bartender was very pleasant and offered 3 free tastings. They had a table with wine marked down to 50% off. I selected the only bottle of Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand but there was no price tag on the bottle. The bartender swiped the UPC code but questioned the price that was shown. So he took the bottle to the owner who was in her office. She came out and picked up a red bottle of wine from the table, scanned it, and said all the wines were $25 so the selling price would be 50% off of that amount. I should have questioned this sales tactic. The next day I learned that the retail price of this particular bottle was $13 and that was likely the price that showed up on the register! This shop has unconscionable business practices so I agree with the previous reviewer who suggested buying your wine at HEB.

Visited January 2014
“Go for a taste - but buy the wine at HEB...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Love this place, love the atmosphere, but the wine is drastically overpriced. I bought a bottle of Llano Moscato at HEB for $9 but it was at the Grapevine for about $17. Sticker shock is an understatement...glad I didn't buy it there!

• Visited December 2013