“Frozen Custard and Excellent Fast-food Fare”
Review of Freddy's

Freddy's
Ranked #32 of 262 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Red Oak, Texas
“Frozen Custard and Excellent Fast-food Fare”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We are addicted to Freddy's burgers, fries, and frozen custard. This is a chain restaurant with several locations in the Austin and San Antonio region. If you are not familiar with frozen custard, it is similar to ice cream, but includes eggs in the mixture and results in a much richer, smoother, and creamier product.

Visited June 2012

“Old Fashioned Deliciousness”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My friends and I went to New Braunfels last summer and saw an ad for Freddy's Burgers at Schlitterbahn. We were craving hamburgers and ice cream so we decided to stop there. From the outside, I was impressed. It is so cute and old fashioned diner looking. The inside was even better. The burgers were called "steakburgers" and they were AMAZING. The fries were shoestring fries and they were just as heavenly. I got chocolate custard for dessert. It was the most amazing ice cream I have ever had at a restaurant. My mouth is even watering right now writing this review. My friends and I always reminisce on the greatness of Freddy's and joke about how we would drive all the way back just for some steakburgers, shoe string fries and custard. It was the greatest experience. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone in a heartbeat. I miss you Freddy's! Please make one in north Texas!

• Visited August 2011
Dallas, Texas
1,727 restaurant reviews
“Still Good Hamburgers”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

In the are on Memorial Day week so we dropped by for a quick snack. The hamburgers are as good today as they were our last trip here. French fries have a special seasoning which I think is among the best anywhere. It is worth a stop just for the fries.The place is always busy with lots of families as this is a fun place to stop and eat. Everyone in our groups enjoyed they burgers. We will be back again when in this area.

• Visited May 2012
“Best ice cream ever”
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

Great food. Great ice cream and very friendly staff

Round Rock, Texas
“Tasty burgers and yummy custard”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Freddy's, a midwestern-based burger chain, serves classic thin-griddled hamburgers, delicious fresh made custard, and super-thin cut french fries. The New Braunfels location has friendly service and a location that's easy to access on the north edge of town, on Highway 337. The order-at-the-counter style service is quick and friendly. The dining room, while nothing that special, has old photos and a 50s style atmosphere. They have minimal outdoor seating (picnic tables near the parking lot).

The burgers are excellent. I love the sourdough melt. The thin-cut fries are good and are certainly ample (one portion can sometimes be enough for two people). Save room for dessert, or come just for a sundae or concrete. My favorite is the Signature Turtle (in either sundae or concrete format) -- this classic has pecans, caramel, and chocolate.

• Visited April 2012