“Stay Far Far Far Away”
Review of Camp Huaco Springs

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Braunfels
Camp Huaco Springs
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This is the worst campground on river road. The Manager of this campground is pure trash. We have been camping the guadalupe my whole life and I have steadily watched this place go down hill. In the old days it was always known as party central. That was fine with me. Im all about a party but what we saw this year was off the chain. We checked in around 2:00. Spent abiut 3 hours on the river and by the time we returned it was so overpacked we could not get to our tent. 30 min wait for my girls tonget into a nasty coin operated bathroom (after we had paid to camp!!) I went to talk to the manager about it and possinly getting my money back so we could move on, he picked a fight with me,, stuck his hand in my daughters car and ripped out her parking pass and kicked us out yelling profanities im front of staff families children and the entire campground. After investigating he has a history of doing this. Apperantly he gets to kick you out, not give your money back and it makes more space. Absolutly no respect for his customers. Camp Huaco Springs is pure trash. Go to Moutain Breeze or Rio. They are still running decent buisnesses and the floats are better. The last thing that manager told me as me and my family were leaving was " that he deals with guys like me everyday and that in ten miniutes I would not even be a memory and his campground will still be packed",,,,, Trash!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank pilk1028
There are newer reviews for Camp Huaco Springs

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went camping this past weekend June 21st, 22nd and 23rdwith our kid's. We love this campground we have been camping here for years. How ever the I feel that we Will not be going back. My 15 year old daughter was approached as she went to the bathroom by a large Mexican that told her that" he worked at the campground cleaning the bathrooms" she was very beautiful and asked her if she wanted to get high with him smoking weed and something called Molly. And that they could party all night long. When my husband went to look for him he was no where to be found. So if you don't mingled your teenage kids being sexually harassed or offered drugs then by all means go but I know we Will not be back and I Will be telling all my friends not to go.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank donna1855
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We've been camping at Camp Huaco Springs for years. Its by far the best place on the river to camp and to launch your float trip. The tent camping area can get crowded quickly, but there is plenty of space. The river in this area is a great place to swim and float. Yes, the showers and toilets are not the greatest, but YOU ARE CAMPING (as my wife says, "Sleeping in dirt"). You can't expect 5 Star accommodations.

We've never had any issues with the staff, they have always been helpful. Prices on the goods in the camp store are 2-3 times what you will pay in town, but that's the price of convenience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank kingbrad2534
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I have been coming to New Braunsfels for 18 going on 19 years in a row. We absolutely love this place. The campground has upgraded alot from what it use to be now its concreted and is very clean. The river is close and so is tube rentals. I have actually made another reservation this summer and looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Reserve really early. I had to reserve 4 months ahead of time and still didnt get the spot i wanted...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for the regular drink n float experience at the Guadalupe River then this is a good spot to go to. Only camped during memorial day weekend and floated but am looking forward to Fishing this year and being a little more relaxed. Pretty grounds and overall friendly staff. Can be rather loud at night as people tend to party well into the morning hours. Easy access to the river and some great scenery!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We have never camped here but, only swam. The park is open for swimming until 8pm. They charge $20 per 4 people in car & $5 extra per person. No charge for children under 8.
There are restrooms/showers available.

The campground is along a great part of the Guadalupe River. There are two small rapids & a deep section. There is an entrance to the water between the RV & tent camping that allows you to walk right into the water without having to walk over rocks. Picnic tables are available if campers are not using them.

My kids & I absolutely love coming here to swim!!! Glad there are campgrounds that are open to the public for swimming rather than having to rent a tube to enjoy the water.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank KellyJoJo13
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This place hands out rule sheet when checking in and you are told quite hours start at 12 am your music is to be turned off. What a joke!!! For the second night in a row knuckle heads at next site get started at 12 am! Last night up till 4:15 am listening to their BS and looks like a repeat tonight!!!! Stayed here 4 times now only by my husband choice which of course he sleeps through anything 3 of the 4 same thing happened.

• Stayed: July 2012