“Valentines Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Buttermilk Cafe

Buttermilk Cafe
Ranked #10 of 261 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Valentines Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We had breakfast here. Everything was delicious, atmosphere was nice and the service was excellent (and friendly!)
Would definitely come back!

New Braunfels, Texas
“nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Good food and a nice atmosphere made this a nice change of pace for breakfast. We were very disappointed in the service, but got the feeling that it was only our waitress and not the entire staff - we plan to return to give them a fair shot at earning our business.

Visited January 2014
Marble Falls, Texas
“Very good but mostly fried & pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

I don't want to say it was bad, actually t was pretty good. There were just more fried options than other. But I could tell this food wasn't prepared by a regular cook. It was fresh,plenty & all cooked very good.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Dayle s
Houston, Texas
“A very enjoyable breakfast experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Breakfast here is a wonderful experience. One of the first things that impressed my husband (and he's not easily impressed) was that when his coffee was brought out, there was a small container of real cream. Not half & half, not milk, but real cream. I got the same thing when I ordered my hot tea. First of all they had some good choices for tea. Then a small pot of hot water was brought out in which I steeped my tea. Then the real cream.......oh that makes such a difference. My husband love his biscuits and sausage gravy. The buttermilk biscuits were light & fluffy and you can see the chunks of sausage in the gravy. He also ordered sausage links on the side. The sausage links are thick and have a very good flavor. I ordered the eggs, bacon & toast with a side order of red-skinned potatoes. Everything was cooked to perfection and very good. Our waiter had several tables he was attending to but he covered every one with a smile and brought more coffee in a timely manner. I might add that there was a waiting line when we got here. There were 3 couples ahead of us but I don't think we waited more than 15 minutes to be seated. I love the atmosphere here and the food and service is just more of a reason to come back when in New Braunfels again.

• Visited December 2013
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Buttering them up”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Wow! Yumm! Delicious foods combined with warm atmosphere and truly lovely service. It appears every item they offer is made in-house. The server brought homemade biscuits and cornbread w/ whipped butter to nibble on. We then enjoyed pot roast dinner w/ mashed potatoes and carrots, plus a sautéed salmon special w/grits and lobster butter sauce, sautéed spinach, and a single beer. Total cost 32.99 includes tax.