“Brunch on Wednesday”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My wife and I stopped in for brunch 16 April. The kitchen did well. Mom had the breakfast plate and i tried on the broken yolk breakfast sandwich. My grits were better than mother used to make, likely the best I have ever eaten. The sandwich was large and tasty, a BLT with egg and cheese, mmmm, mmmm good. Something special had to have been added to the grits. Mom's plate was to her liking, the eggs cooked correctly to order and the bacon of excellent quality. Mom is a gravy girl and she loved their cream gravy, would have licked the plate if it were socially acceptable in polite company. Our brunch was ample enough to last until dinner at 6:30 PM. Our service was adequate and the decor pleasing to the eye. This kitchen is worth a visit, or two, or three or...

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Breakfast/lunch spot located just outside the loop in a low-traffic part of town where it won't be noticed by tourists..but the locals definitely do know about it! On the weekends, they have an additional menu with many unusual offerings. I had shirred eggs which are baked in a ramekin and were fantastic. My food-picky wife had carrot cake and couldn't stop raving about it. Atmosphere, decor is great and the wife/husband owners are personally overseeing everything. The coffee was way better than average for a breakfast place and our waitress actually asked if we wanted a cup to go afterwards (first time that's ever happened to me). I know it sounds like I'm being paid to write this, but we'll certainly return every time we visit NB.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

The breakfast menu is super the food incredible! I had their version of a fired egg sandwich and it was awesome! Huge sandwich on sourdough bread with the yummiest bacon I have ever eaten. My husband had eggs, sausage, and biscuits and gravy. The gravy was just like grandmothers.

Server was terrific, friendly, and fun to talk to. The restaurant also has lunch which we plan on trying this weekend.

We will be returning here lots!

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We had breakfast here. Everything was delicious, atmosphere was nice and the service was excellent (and friendly!)
Would definitely come back!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Good food and a nice atmosphere made this a nice change of pace for breakfast. We were very disappointed in the service, but got the feeling that it was only our waitress and not the entire staff - we plan to return to give them a fair shot at earning our business.