“Poor Gumbo”
Review of Texas Harbor Seafood - CLOSED

Texas Harbor Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: It was an old closed down Quizno's. I was in the mood for seafood and thought I would try this place. What a pleasant surprise this was. A large menu with more than seafood. Fried fish, broioed and baked items, steaks shrimp, oysters and calamari.The mpst interesting item on the menu , for m,e was the calamari appatizer.I have had calamari just about everywhere adn never had it better than this placwe. The calamari came to us perfect. It was fried and very tender, not like most place where it was li9ke rubber bands. This was the best ever!! I also had the oyster po boy and the dialy special which was two huge planks of fried fish..about 2 inches wide and 9-10 inches long and about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Again it was perfectly cooked. I had fries, which came with it and a drink. Thge Po Boy was full of oysters, tomatoes, onions lettuce and a suce that was great.
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I have to agree with Jenni, this is a poor run restaurant. They don't even understand the concept of Louisiana gumbo; it is a poor quality soup. This restaurant lacks in flavor in many of their dishes and use spices, which are not supposed to be on certain battered seafood. Poor quality. I would advise not going here.

1  Thank Daryll B

Reviewed 6 December 2011

My wife and I have eaten there twice now and the fried fish and shrimp are excellent------lightly battered and fresh tasting each time. they are just as good as any big chain restaurants. their rice was OK and the green beans are good, but were served cold. the place is not fancy by any means, but overall the fish entrees are very good.

1  Thank sightseerNb_Tx
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My wife and I went and used our Groupon yesterday. We each ordered a platter consisting of two fish fillets and two fried shrimp. I'm told the fish was pollock in this instance. I had FF and cole slaw, which I thought was especially good since I really prefer my slaw because most restaurants get it too sweet for us. My wife had okra, which was good and crunchy and the fish was firm, fresh and tasty. The shrimp were nice and crunchy fresh also. We will visit again. No frills-just the basic necessity-FOOD!

Reviewed 31 October 2011

We visited Texas harbor Seafood because we had a Groupon. We would have never heard of this place otherwise. Its a clean but sparse shooping center place with no atmosphere. We had the grilled Red Snapper which very tasty and well done. For sides we had green beans which may have bben canned and a crisp and tasty coleslaw with a creamy dressing. We're low carb eaters so we were happy with our choices. Prices were low and the food was good. If you're looking for a decent lunch or informal dinner give it a try.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Nothing fancy, just good seafood, in a cafe setting
I had fried mushrooms appetizer - very good
I had the fish, shrimp, oysters & crab cake platter
Everything was vg, the slaw portion a little small
I hope this business makes it, I’ll be back many times