“We love this place!”

Cuisines: Thai
New Braunfels, Texas
“We love this place!”
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

This has been my wife and I's Thai "throw-down" since moving to NB over 3 years ago. And yes it is true as far as asian inspired fare goes, this is the only real game in town. We have been frequenting this cozy little restaurant since the afore-mentioned waitress was still carrying the now famous toddler in her tummy. We have found the waitress to be more the shy-type and not at all rude or "direct". We have only been there for lunch but have never been disappointed as the food has always been served fresh and delicious. My advice to anyone going to dinner to celebrate their first anniversary? Don't go to any restaurant in a strip mall.

• Visited March 2013

Texas
“Best Thai in New Braunfels!!”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

My husband and I love going here for lunch. The Pad Thai with chicken is FABULOUS and the Massaman with chicken is OUT OF THIS WORLD!! We also like the Pad Woon Sen with chicken. You will not be disappointed here!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Gay S
Waxahachie, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I had high expectations.”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I'm sorry but this place was terrible! A screaming child they let run around and the food was just a big disappointment.I had the Pad Kee Mao which The Thai House in Arlington,Tx always nails it in quality.Thai Racha is just horrible. Sorry.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Thinkout S
Hill Country, TX
“I see why there was so much take-out”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My husband and I walked into the empty restaurant and were greeted by the little boy mentioned in every other review. That was the last moment he was cute. While we tried to eat our food, he stood in the middle of the restaurant and screamed incessantly. Briefly, we thought the waiter was going to stop him, but he started playing with him and he screamed even more. He wasn't crying, just screaming for what appeared to be the joy of screaming. The whole time we were eating, people kept coming in to pick up their take out and now I know why. While the pad thai was decent, the experience was downright painful. It was not charming in any way. We were in New Braunfels to get away to celebrate our first anniversary and that was definitely not what we signed up for. I'm actually trying to come up with more to say about the food, but, and I can't emphasize this strongly enough, pick it up and take it home!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank boomboom76
New Braunfels, Texas
“Thai in German town surrounded by donuts, burgers and pizza”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Thai Racha does a good job serving good food and started out as a branch of the Sarika's Thai which has similar locations in San Antonio and Boerne. This location changed their name and is arguably better than Sarika's. The best deal by far is their lunch specials served until 3pm. Good portions of most entrees with a soup appetizer and a spring roll thrown in. They close from 3 to 5 and then the menu gets more expensive for essentially the same food. The wandering toodler is part of the atmosphere while the mother/waitress is usually efficient but often acts like she gets none of the tips. Could be. The other waitress is fresh from Thailand but is excellent at filling up the tea and bringing out the food. A family business worth a try. Certainly beats every other Asian option in New Braunfels. Oh yes, it's next door to Shipleys Donuts on Loop 337 in the same parking lot with TJ Burgers and Bosses Pizza Buffet.

• Visited May 2012