All reviews room was clean front desk waffles budget hotel pleasant stay hot tub stay there again coffee maker free breakfast san antonio dina schlitterbahn texas highway
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super_8_NB, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham New Braunfels TX, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have stayed in this motel on several occasions. I really like hoe the staff is so helpful and professional. I left a pillow in my room and was able to pick it up @ a later date thanks to a lady named VALERIE. This was not just any pillow it cost over 150.00 and has sentimental meaning to me. I got a room for handicapped people and was very happy with the accomodations. Room was clean and had plenty of towels. Thank you so much I definitely will be coming back.

Room tip: Always get a room downstairs. LOL
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Super_8_NB, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham New Braunfels TX, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Every day, we strive to bring our guests the best in service and accommodations. I am happy to hear that rmy staff and I did a fine job of meeting your expectations. As you experienced for yourself, Valerie is definitely great with our guests. We feel that she just has that touch. We have also renovated our rooms since your last stay, so it would be quite interesting to see what you thought of our new rooms. Thank you for staying with us, we can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Recently (1/25/2014) stayed for two nights for the Comal River Cleanup with the Diving Rebels (scuba diving club). The room was clean, well maintained, and quiet. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel then this is not the place for you, but if you are seeking a low pressure basic hotel then this place cannot be beat.

Room tip: I always select a downstairs room (but I am old)
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Super_8_NB, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham New Braunfels TX, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our location on Tripadvisor. Since your last visit, we now have our new furniture in all rooms as well as our new granite countertops. We are so excited to see these changes, as this now completes our renovation. I would love to hear what you have to say after your next stay. Although we are not a 5-star hotel, I assure you, we strive to bring each guest a 5-star experience while staying at the Super 8.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Not sure if this was a one-time deal or if it is a recurring theme for this property, but the facility didn't seem that full and the water pressure on Sunday morning when we showered was not very strong. In fact, my wife decided to skip the shower completely because she has thick hair and thought she would never be able to completely rinse all the product out of her hair. Besides that, the stay good. The staff we interacted with was friendly at check in and check out, the room was clean and most importantly the price was right.

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences during your stay with us at the Super 8 of New Braunfels, TX. After reading your review, we actually checked your room, and found that there was a mechanical issue with the shower. We have since fixed the issue and the pressure is back to normal. As a precaution, we also have a strong pump installed on our water lines to make sure that water gets to each room as fast as possible. Thank you for choosing the Super 8, I hope you will allow us to take care of your accommodation needs in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The pros...We found this establishment to be clean (which is of the utmost importance), and the staff quite friendly. The bed, which is important, was very fresh and comfy. The breakfast was adequate...typical continental breakfast. Parking was free, and right by your door. It made unpacking and packing very easy. The price was wonderful! Since we spent most of our time Christmas shopping in Gruene we were only in the room long enough to shower (plenty of hot water...yea!!!) and sleep, so it fit our needs just fine!

The cons... the hotel is rather old and dated...as was some of the furniture in the room. A little paint/stain could dress up some of that furniture. It is located near a very busy intersection, so street noise can be an issue. We always travel with a fan, so we can drown out outside noises.

Overall we would have no trouble staying here again.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Super_8_NB, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham New Braunfels TX, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the New Braunfels Super 8. Actually, I fully agree with your comments on our furniture, and believe it or not, I am in the process of replacing all of it. Within the next two weeks, we are replacing all furniture in our rooms and adding granite stone to all of our bathrooms. So this time next month, we will be completely brand new. I can't wait to hear what my guests have to say about all the new changes. I hope to see you soon, so you can experience the new and improved, Super 8 of New Braunfels, TX.