“Not the best Motel 6 in the world !”

Motel 6 New Braunfels
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We stayed at this motel for 2 nights. It is very tired looking and cleanliness it not the best.
The Wi-Fi connection only worked for about 1 hour of our stay and despite reporting the lack of an internet connection several times nothing was done to recitfy this.
The swimming pool is indoor and not very clean. In the Texas climate the pool room was far to hot to make using the pool an option.
I have stayed in several other Motel 6 establishments and they have all been far superior to this one.

Room Tip: The service was friendly and polite but very inefficient
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

When I arrived after online reservation at 730 in morning. Arrived at 12 something andd they told us room be ready at 4. The room smealt like sweat and dirty urine smoke dog smell. The water did not stay hot for more than ten min. I could not shower. The ac was not consistant. There was women above me complaining about noise. I had sister visit not even staying and management told is to be quite twice and that they would call police. A man came down stairs later and said he stayed here for five months and lady complaining about noise. The thing about it is no one was loud and we were respecting room by not smoking in it. Im very pissed and just had sister visit. I will keep it a mission to tell anyone and everyone how unsatisfying and horrable it is to stay here. I dont wish this apon anyone. I wont my money back and belive me I will call corporate office. im beyond unsatisfied.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I stayed there for two weeks apartment hunting. The room was a bit ratty and not as clean as I would have liked but you get what you pay for. I’m always amused at reviews from people who stay at one of the least expensive motels in town and then complain that theyre not getting the same accommodations as one costing twice as much. It had a fridge and microwave which helped on restaurant costs. Instead of a noisy drafty ac unit sticking through the wall it had true central. The money I saved paid for my new futon.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank mydogtoby
Reviewed 9 September 2010

We stayed at this hotel for only one night. After reading the other reviews, I was very concerned with booking this hotel. But, after arriving at about 1 am, check in was very easy, and room was clean and comfortable. I would not choose to stay at this hotel for a extended amount of time, but for one or two nights, it served its purpose. We paid $50, and knew at that rate, not to expect much, but I have stayed at much worse hotels, that cost more, so I was ok with it. It is not a 4 or 5 star hotel, but I would think that any traveler knows what to expect when staying at a Motel 6.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2010

We arrived on the 3rd of May. The first rooms we had smelled of sweat and chemicals, so we were moved upstairs to the second floor. The toilet handle in our room broke off and we had to flush manually by pulling the chain inside the tank. Our kids' room had roaches. A spider was in the sheets of one of the beds, and the sheets had holes. When we went downstairs to check out the pool, the door was jammed so badly that the manager had to go outside, CLIMB THROUGH THE WINDOW, and force it open from the inside! Not that we could allow anyone to swim; the water was so green, we had to ban swimming. The cracked light fixtures with gaping holes, ratty caulk around the tub, and no face plates on the phones were minor in comparison to the bugs, smell, and plumbing problems. The kids were troopers and stuck it out for 2 nights, but we finally relocated to the Wingate by Wyndam in Round Rock for the rest of our trip.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2009

My wife and I stayed here and had a pretty decent stay. We were outside of the hotel most of the time doing different activties and sight seeing but for the most part is was worth our money. Thank you for your hospitality

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2008

First,the room was not ready at 4:00 pm. Instead it was finally ready at 5:30. Then they gave us a room that was already occupied. Front desk staff very unqualified. How embarrasing for Motel. Next, the room was hot, the AC would not cool down. Also, the indoor pool was green. Stayed on Friday, 7/18. Was suppose to stay on 7/19 too. The room was too hot. Had to leave. We go to New Braunfels 3x yr. This was the worst experience. Asked for refund, Instead they sent a free night voucher. Will report this to BBB. Worst Hotel Experience EVER!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)