“Not so bad”

Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Killeen, TX
“Not so bad”
Reviewed 3 September 2009

My wife and I stayed here and had a pretty decent stay. We were outside of the hotel most of the time doing different activties and sight seeing but for the most part is was worth our money. Thank you for your hospitality

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
tx
Reviewed 14 August 2008

First,the room was not ready at 4:00 pm. Instead it was finally ready at 5:30. Then they gave us a room that was already occupied. Front desk staff very unqualified. How embarrasing for Motel. Next, the room was hot, the AC would not cool down. Also, the indoor pool was green. Stayed on Friday, 7/18. Was suppose to stay on 7/19 too. The room was too hot. Had to leave. We go to New Braunfels 3x yr. This was the worst experience. Asked for refund, Instead they sent a free night voucher. Will report this to BBB. Worst Hotel Experience EVER!

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 February 2008

After staying here years earlier, I came back with my family en route to San Antonio. The motel is currently undergoing reservations, so some carpet is old, some new, ect. but otherwise, the rooms were exactly as I remembered: roomy, clean and comfortable. Cable TV w/remote, fridge, microwave, small indoor pool w/large jacuzzi. I was told renovations will be complete in 3 weeks, however despite that, we had no noise issues. As expected, the rates are affordable.

I am really posting this review however, to commend Luis, one of the managers. He could not have been nicer; he was professional, friendly, and knowledgable. Luis gave us information regarding hotel ammenities upon check in, a rarity nowadays; he also provided information on local attractions and restaurants, and even helped us with directions to our destination. I have stayed at 4+star hotels in the past, and not received such warm and wonderful hospitality.

I would recommend this Motel 6 to anyone I know, due to the pricing, the excellent location right off I-35, the cleanliness, and most of all, the service.

• Liked — The friendly service
  • Disliked — Undergoing renovations
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank Reilly1104
Mexico
Reviewed 6 January 2007

After staying in the horrible Budget Inn we found this nice and clean little motel. The person in the front desk was very kind, he's called Luis and he helped us all the way.

The room was clean enough, we had a TV remote control, every room has a microwave and a little fridge so we were able to cook and keep our meals refrigerated.

The indoor jacuzzi and pool are clean and temperature is just nice, even having 3°C outside. There was nobody in this place so we really enjoyed a quiet time.

We think the rates are fair, you pay for what you get.

It's hot the Hilton of course but you can stay here and be very comfortable.

• Liked — Is clean, quiet and good service
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AlexMexico
Reviewed 21 July 2005

If there were a lower rating, I would give it. It was so bad that I wrote the corp. office. Room was dirty and smelled musty; bed uncomfortable; no remote for TV which was mounted high, so no lying in bed switching channels; tiny indoor pool in tiny room had about 35 people in it, so no way to fit anymore; we were only allowed to have 2 small towels, if we needed another we'd have to bring those 2 down and exchange them (they said they were short on towels and had to wash them as they were used, but we argued so they finally gave us one more); guests and their children ran up and down the hall most of the night screaming, yelling, playing, and slamming doors; staff was rude and unhelpful; had to park around back but were not allowed to use the back door to bring in our luggage "for security reasons"; we were charged 3x what we pay in any other city. I'd rather have tent camped and not spent the money. The corp office said they would "look into it". Don't let the 5 star ratings fool you; that's probably the mgr trying to bring the overall rating up.

• Stayed August 2004
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 May 2005

It really was bad, and way overpriced. You're better off tent camping. Seriously.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 March 2005

I stayed there last summer and have nothing but good things to stay. Clean rooms, no smell of smoke, quiet at night (during the day any hotel in NB is crazy with kids) and a very pleasant staff. Front desk person (Luis I think his name was) was great.

Highly recommended.