“Not as bad as previous reviews.....”

Motel 6 New Braunfels
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed 9 September 2010

We stayed at this hotel for only one night. After reading the other reviews, I was very concerned with booking this hotel. But, after arriving at about 1 am, check in was very easy, and room was clean and comfortable. I would not choose to stay at this hotel for a extended amount of time, but for one or two nights, it served its purpose. We paid $50, and knew at that rate, not to expect much, but I have stayed at much worse hotels, that cost more, so I was ok with it. It is not a 4 or 5 star hotel, but I would think that any traveler knows what to expect when staying at a Motel 6.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 May 2010

We arrived on the 3rd of May. The first rooms we had smelled of sweat and chemicals, so we were moved upstairs to the second floor. The toilet handle in our room broke off and we had to flush manually by pulling the chain inside the tank. Our kids' room had roaches. A spider was in the sheets of one of the beds, and the sheets had holes. When we went downstairs to check out the pool, the door was jammed so badly that the manager had to go outside, CLIMB THROUGH THE WINDOW, and force it open from the inside! Not that we could allow anyone to swim; the water was so green, we had to ban swimming. The cracked light fixtures with gaping holes, ratty caulk around the tub, and no face plates on the phones were minor in comparison to the bugs, smell, and plumbing problems. The kids were troopers and stuck it out for 2 nights, but we finally relocated to the Wingate by Wyndam in Round Rock for the rest of our trip.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2009

My wife and I stayed here and had a pretty decent stay. We were outside of the hotel most of the time doing different activties and sight seeing but for the most part is was worth our money. Thank you for your hospitality

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2008

First,the room was not ready at 4:00 pm. Instead it was finally ready at 5:30. Then they gave us a room that was already occupied. Front desk staff very unqualified. How embarrasing for Motel. Next, the room was hot, the AC would not cool down. Also, the indoor pool was green. Stayed on Friday, 7/18. Was suppose to stay on 7/19 too. The room was too hot. Had to leave. We go to New Braunfels 3x yr. This was the worst experience. Asked for refund, Instead they sent a free night voucher. Will report this to BBB. Worst Hotel Experience EVER!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2008

After staying here years earlier, I came back with my family en route to San Antonio. The motel is currently undergoing reservations, so some carpet is old, some new, ect. but otherwise, the rooms were exactly as I remembered: roomy, clean and comfortable. Cable TV w/remote, fridge, microwave, small indoor pool w/large jacuzzi. I was told renovations will be complete in 3 weeks, however despite that, we had no noise issues. As expected, the rates are affordable.

I am really posting this review however, to commend Luis, one of the managers. He could not have been nicer; he was professional, friendly, and knowledgable. Luis gave us information regarding hotel ammenities upon check in, a rarity nowadays; he also provided information on local attractions and restaurants, and even helped us with directions to our destination. I have stayed at 4+star hotels in the past, and not received such warm and wonderful hospitality.

I would recommend this Motel 6 to anyone I know, due to the pricing, the excellent location right off I-35, the cleanliness, and most of all, the service.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank Reilly1104
Reviewed 6 January 2007

After staying in the horrible Budget Inn we found this nice and clean little motel. The person in the front desk was very kind, he's called Luis and he helped us all the way.

The room was clean enough, we had a TV remote control, every room has a microwave and a little fridge so we were able to cook and keep our meals refrigerated.

The indoor jacuzzi and pool are clean and temperature is just nice, even having 3°C outside. There was nobody in this place so we really enjoyed a quiet time.

We think the rates are fair, you pay for what you get.

It's hot the Hilton of course but you can stay here and be very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlexMexico
A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed 21 July 2005

If there were a lower rating, I would give it. It was so bad that I wrote the corp. office. Room was dirty and smelled musty; bed uncomfortable; no remote for TV which was mounted high, so no lying in bed switching channels; tiny indoor pool in tiny room had about 35 people in it, so no way to fit anymore; we were only allowed to have 2 small towels, if we needed another we'd have to bring those 2 down and exchange them (they said they were short on towels and had to wash them as they were used, but we argued so they finally gave us one more); guests and their children ran up and down the hall most of the night screaming, yelling, playing, and slamming doors; staff was rude and unhelpful; had to park around back but were not allowed to use the back door to bring in our luggage "for security reasons"; we were charged 3x what we pay in any other city. I'd rather have tent camped and not spent the money. The corp office said they would "look into it". Don't let the 5 star ratings fool you; that's probably the mgr trying to bring the overall rating up.

• Stayed: August 2004