“Historic Bridge”

43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Historic Bridge”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Faust Street Bridge is a truss, pedestrian only bridge, c 1887. We happened on it by accident, and enjoyed the respite. As others stated, it is relaxing and you get that "old" feel from the iron trusses and wood slats. There are benches to sit and rest on, but don't go in the middle of the day as we did (we didn't choose the heat of the day since we just happened on it!). We enjoyed reading its history. There are dirt paths down to the river, and people were swimming and playing in the water near the "falls." Interesting history, but I wouldn't go out of my way to make a stop here unless you are a history buff.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank berock

San Antonio, Texas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Off the beaten path”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stumbled on the bridge while taking a side street. What a treat. The bridge is over the Guadalupe River and is on a bike path.It is right in the city but it feels like you are outside the city while on the bridge. The day I was there I saw a couple of cyclists and a few people out for a walk. There are benches and lights. It would be a nice quiet place to pack a light lunch and just enjoy the view. There is a path down to the water, but I didn't have the right shoes on to try it. I take the path to the water next time.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Lisa G
Boston, Massachusetts
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Iron Bridge”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

If you have a compulsion to go over interesting bridges than this is worth the trip. Plus a bonus wedding service going on down below.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank 112PCS112
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Picturesque river view”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

It took a little effort to find but the results were well worth it. The views of the river were quite relaxing. There were people fishing in the river below having a wonderful time.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Rhonda A
New Caney, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“nice view”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I like scenry so I enjoyed.. Its really a big thrill thing but just a nice go see. Te river was a bit low.

Visited September 2013