“Bed was terrible!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Not bad for the price we paid, but the bed was so uncomfortable that my husband couldn't sleep. He spent the night watching TV in a chair. Defiantly a musty smell in the hotel. The breakfast was fine as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I have no complaints For your information the breakfast is over by 9. I wish the ac got colder but it was 102 outside so it felt nice. They also should have more rooms with 2 beds. I like that they actually have smoking rooms. Although I didnt get one and never smelled it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Nasty carpet. Smells like an ashtray. Outdated. Run down broken down stained. I'm not a phobic.... But this place makes me phobic. Stay somewhere else. Besides being old it is unclean. Front desk employees are rude.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Shelean
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Cracks in ceiling and peeling. Hole in sheets. Black mold and rust in shower. No other king beds available. Attendant didn't believe us about ceiling and said there wasn't housekeeping at that time (7:30p.m.) She gave me sheets to change myself. If I wanted to change sheets I would have stayed home. I've stayed with Choice before and we are rewards guests but not if this is how the rooms look or how we will be treated as guests. Rude service!

Room Tip: If you want friendly and clean don't use this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank V B
Reviewed 12 July 2014

5 entrance doors to this dirty carpet motel. my gmc serria 2009 took 2 spaces because of lack of respect for another persons car. checked in at 3 pm. by 7pm I was told motel was fully booked. yet ,at this time a total of 38 parking spaces were available. 3 pick-ups were taking a total of 19 parking slots with trailers and/or rv campers parked. made contact with 2 of these owners. no one was asked to give up any parking slots.was threatened ,my pick-up would be towed. 200 dollars for a room. 2 towels that looked to be used by previous guest. carpet in room left my feet black on the bottom. requested 2 extra towels. would not bring up to room. I am a choice plus member. I stay in hotels across the mid-west weekly. have not had this type of treatment in 4 years of hotel stays. Was charged extra for sending 7 pages of business faxes. added up to 14 dollars for this. pictures attached were $ 2.00 each added up to over $45.00 ,,, tv was a 14 inch old style not a flat screen so had very bad picture quality ..do NOT RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL, can not say hotel very badly cleaned inside.. my suite couch was ripped showing the foam padding seat and back ...only positive besides the flies and black beetles no other bugs was seen in my room..owner name not posted in lobby. was my understanding last name of PATEL,,

Room Tip: best western next hotel south of this motel has a better rate and very clean compared to these carpe...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LeRoy G
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I didn't check my bill closely when I left, only to discover later that this is one of those tacky places that adds a charge for the room safe whether it is used or not. OK, Mr Owner, you got my $1.50 for this stay, but in return you'll get no more business from me. Does that sound like good business to you?

The place is noisy, noisy, noisy with freeway noise and a couple of soft drink machines next to our room that sounded like 18-wheelers. Bed was old, etc. etc. Tough to get a decent night's rest at this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SixContinentz
Reviewed 15 March 2014

In brief:
Pros: Room was clean. Bed was clean. Fridge and microwave in room.

Cons: shards of glass in floor left from previous guests cut my husbands foot. Breakfast was below sub par. And the non englishspeaking woman running it was rude and unprofessional. Stood in line for 30 minutes, that's not a typo, for the ONE waffle maker in the corner of a closet they have for breakfast and before all the people were through, she starts cleaning it up. While people are still in line. We had to complain to get syrup because she wouldn't give it to us. Add in the standing water in the bathroom and hallway and yeah....don't stay here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family