“A family must!”

T Bar M Camps & Retreats
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
“A family must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

This is my third summer for a mini-cation with my kids. The resort is beautiful with a safe environment for kids to enjoy the outdoors. Plenty for the whole family. I can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed June 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at T Bar M Camps & Retreats, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Hi Shauna Ann,

It is great to hear that this is your third mini-cation with your kids to our resort. It is always wonderful when our guests keep coming back! Our staff always wants to make sure that our property looks great and enjoyable.

If you don't know already, our Front Desk has revamped our Loyalty program. If you sign up with your e-mail when making a reservation you will be enrolled. It is free to sign up. When you stay with us for 10 nights, your next night is free. The dates never expire either.

We cannot wait to see you again either. Have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
League City, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

We have stayed at T Bar M three times now. The last time we were there, we met a family who coincidentally lives less than twenty minutes away from us. Our sons played basketball together the whole weekend...and now our kids play on the same basketball league...so we all made new friends that we see on a weekly basis! It's great! T Bar M is so family friendly and safety conscious, we don't worry about our kids going off on little jaunts without us. We will be going back for Labor Day! Thanks T Bar!

Room Tip: We always stay in the hotel style rooms...they are a good value for families and have always met our...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
michelleh277, Guest Relations Manager at T Bar M Camps & Retreats, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Hi Jennifer,
Thank you for your review. It is so wonderful to hear that you have made new friends because of your stay at T Bar M. It's funny how small of a world we live in when you really think about it. How great that you made a good connection.
We look forward to having you and your family back Labor Day weekend!
Enjoy your summer!
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I spent about 5 days here in March 2012, at a quilting retreat. I was in the Country Inn part (Guadalupe? wing). The room was OK, but tired and the a/c was VERY noisy. Even after turning my a/c off, I could still hear the a/cs in the rooms surrounding me and had to wear ear plugs every night. I'm not sure why people had their a/cs on as the weather was really pleasant.

The free WiFi took some fiddling with settings etc. to get working and while the desk staff were helpful, I had to find out how to get it working myself (it worked for my phone but not my laptop; see here for details on how to get it working: http://cybertext.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/more-internet-woes-and-solutions/)

The function rooms we used were great, especially the one upstairs over the dining room -- it had excellent lighting, and was big enough for our subgroup. Tea, coffee, water, ice and fresh fruit were available outside the function room at all times.

The food we had for our group of about 60 was great. We had lots of choices and everything was pretty much separate, which meant you could have dressing or not on your salad, sauce or not on your meat, etc. There was plenty of food and it was tasty and healthy. We had a package that included three meals a day.

We were in a group deal so I'm not sure what the room/food component was, but considering I paid $80 to $110 for some very nice hotels (Hyatts etc.) on the rest of my trip, I hope that their prices were much less to reflect the ordinariness of the rooms.

I think 'resort' might be a little over the top for this place. It was OK, but not what I would expect from a 'resort'. And while we were there, a large group of kids arrived for some sort of Church camp. The staff were good about staggering the meal sittings so we were rarely in the dining room at the same time, but I was surprised by the presence of all these campers.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
michelleh277, Manager at T Bar M Camps & Retreats, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Hi Rhonda B.,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate having your quilting group back year after year. It is such a joy to see all the splendid work you all do in the week you are on property.
We love to hear customer criticisms, good and bad. That is after all the only way to improve or to continue on a job well done. T Bar M is a rustic resort and does provide accommodations for all types of groups.
We look forward to seeing you again in 2013!
OVILLA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed here for a meeting, and oh my. The bedding was "new", but the pillow was so firm that i just couldn't find a decent position. My A/C stopped about 2 hours after I went to bed. As I remember, the same thing happened last year. The grounds are beautiful. The rooms are spartan and rustic. But not in a good way.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rgentrydal
Thank you for your recent review of T Bar M.
We appreciate all of our customer feedback and will take note of your review for future visitors.

Travellers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

I stayed at this facility for wedding in November 2011. During the winter months the hotel has no accomadations, no continental breakfeast,no lounge. The hotel rooms are outdated and the beds are horrible, its like sleeping on concrete. The air conditoners are noisy the lighting in the parking lot is poor. There where no elevators in our building and the service is sub par. I would not recomend this Resort at all. As a experienced business traveler please take my advise do not stay here for any type of event. It is in the middle of no where and you have to drive a distance just to get to anything. My advise, stay in San Antonio!

• Stayed November 2011
michelleh277, Guest Relations Manager at T Bar M Camps & Retreats, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Seasoned Business Traveler,
Thank you for your feedback. We always encourage our visitors to write reviews and give feedback; good and bad so that we may continually improve our resort. Since you have visited T Bar M, we have updated all of our bedding in the hotel to make it feel more up to date; clean, fresh and ready. Service is number one T Bar M's list and I apologize if you feel you got sub par treatment. If there is anything we can do to bring you back to T Bar M to give us another chance to make your stay most enjoyable please contact our sales office at xt 270.
Again, thank you for the feedback.
T Bar M Guest Relations Manager
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

We had a very enjoyable and relaxing stay at T Bar M last weekend. We spent a lot of time in the gym playing basketball, ping pong and shuffle board. Great family time! We also went for a walk and sat outside under the trees. The property is very well landscaped and maintained.

Our hotel room was comfortable. Decorated with a rustic Texas decor. The room needs some updating especially in the bathroom. The wi fi was intermittent while we were there for 3 nights. Breakfast is only available during the summer months.

We ate breakfast twice at Union Street Station on San Antonio St. near Schlitterbahn. Great food and atmosphere! We really enjoyed our get-away to T Bar M - we made reservations for same time next year!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Great property with many unexpected surprises. We thought we were at the wrong place when we arrived. Beautiful, well landscaped grounds, plenty of activities. The grazing deer were a bonus. Great value!
Super nice staff.