“No Internet”

Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Katy, Texas
“No Internet”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed for two nights, the 1st in a standard hotel room, and the 2nd in a condo. I booked there because of a wedding, and the wedding party negotiated rates.

Overall, the place was nice, in a small resort type of manner. I will be honest; I did not use any of the facility except as a place to spend the night. I assume it has a lot to answer.

My major issue was the condo did not have internet access. I needed to do some work. When I complained at the front desk, they admitted that the condo did not have WiFi access. They suggested that I come sit in the reception area to get online access.

The front desk personnel were very nice. However, I find it ridiculous in today's world where a resort would not provide internet access. I needed it for business, but we also wanted to research local restaurants and shopping. It seems like such an easy thing to do. I will not go back unless it is provided.

Also, I would be interested in:
Queen beds, instead of Full
A restaurant or bar onsite.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
TBar M, T Bar M Resort & Conference Team at T Bar M Camps & Retreats, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear KeninAustin,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. As noted on our website, (http://www.tbarm.com/explore/accommodations/villa-condo/#.U3T1Z_ldU1Y) condos in the 100's & 400's are individually owned and a part of our rental pool and amenities vary. Each condo is available to view on our website and notates whether it has Wi-Fi access or not. All T Bar M owned condos, as well as hotel rooms, conference space and our business center, that was offered to you to use,have Wi-Fi access. Our staff are always on hand to help with restaurant recommendations and reservations as well.
We welcome you back so that you can experience all of the resort amenities that you missed out in.
T Bar M Resort | Conference

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Fort Worth, TX.
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I arrived to the property after the sun had gone down, but by next morning I could better see all the various things this facility has to offer. This location is ideal for families with children. They have so many things to do on the grounds. The lay-out was very nice and attractive. The accomidations were comfortable, but my room in particular was dated. More importantly the A/C unit wasn't working properly. Fortunately the outside temperatures were favorable. The room was clean and the staff was nice. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
TBar M, T Bar M Resort & Conference Team at T Bar M Camps & Retreats, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Aggie8403,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our property. We appreciate you letting us know that there was an issue with the A/C unit. If you get a moment to email me directly at sarah@tbarm.com with the room number we will be sure to have our maintenance team address the issue immediately.
We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were referred to this property because of a wedding we attended. Was pleasantly surprised by the facilities and because we booked so far in advance, the price was far less than any traditional hotel we could have reserved. Knowing that there was no restaurant on site was OK as we planned accordingly (there is a refrigerator in each room and a grocery store and dining options just down the road). Since we were in town for a specific event, we did not take advantage of all this property had to offer, but would highly recommend it from at least a "hotel" perspective. The housekeeping staff was extremely friendly and accommodating to us as well.

Room Tip: Request a handicap-accessible room if available upon check-in for more square footage.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear TexasGirl72,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our property and we hope that we can welcome you back in the future and hopefully you will have more time to enjoy all of our amenities we have to offer!

United States
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Although I am not 100% certain how to categorize T Bar M resort, I know how to categorize my opinion of it: It was fantastic! It is not exactly a ranch nor a resort really; it's a huge rambling expanse of land which holds guest accomodation as well as residential homes (and some of them were very plush looking houses indeed, not sure if they were rentals or if people own these houses & apartments, it was all a little mysterious. There were no clear boundaries between 'vacation' accomodation and 'residential' so we weren't sure what the setup was.) So some of the facilities are not for visitors. We were stunned by how big it is, we took a walk around the grounds and counted about 6 (more?) swimming pools, countless tennis courts, football pitches, rope swings, a putting green, swings & slides, wood climbing frames....they provide free bicycles for guests to pedal around the grounds too, how cool is that? It seemed to be a very out-doorsy place, wonderful for families. There are individual cablins as well as lodge-style rooms. It is not a dude ranch so not the kind of place to come for horse-riding etc. It is also not some sort of luxury serenity spa. It seems to be a popular place for conferences, weekend getaways, family trips, groups of kids on sports events, that sort of thing. We thought it was wonderful and the price was very reasonable.

We travelled as a couple for 2 nights and visited ew Braunfels and Gruene nearby. The grounds were full of deer and other furry friends scampering around. It is peaceful and relaxing. They serve a hot breakfast every day included in the price; we are lazy and slept in too late to sample it but apparently the food is excellent. Our room was great! Comfy beds, a nice big bath, a sizeable desk for any work that needs to be done, a fridge, large flat screen TV - what more could you ask for? Would love to return in the summer and actually swim in the pool. Thank you for a delightful stay!! We love Texas!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Elise252,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate that you took the time to let others know how much you enjoyed our property. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope that we can welcome you back in the future!

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Our organization holds meetings at T Bar M. The food is wonderful, the staff great to work with. It's a peaceful and pretty place to meet. Conference room and accommodations work well for groups of various sizes. Fun to have the gym for after hours team building activities.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
TBar M, T Bar M Resort & Conference Team at T Bar M Camps & Retreats, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Gwen K,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience during your groups stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your group back in the future!

T Bar M Resort & Conference Center
austin
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We attended a weekend class here and when I checked on rooms online it said to call. Tried for 2 days to get a person to talk to and left messages each time. Finally talked to someone who told me they were "sold out", had to ask if they took a waiting list, gave my name, number and email and never heard back. I went online the day before the event and saw there were rooms available! I called, left messages, no response, finally booked online. Upon arrival asked if I could get the special rate they offered the group - NO, I didn't reserve soon enough (well I sure tried). Housekeeping failed to clean our room (and we paid more than the other 100 people attending), when we discovered and told front desk they said crew already gone, we asked for clean towels and coffee, upon return to room later the towels were dumped in sink (so bottom one wet) 2 coffee packs but no cups were left. On departure day asked for check out at 12 rather than 11-NO, they are a hotel and have to get ready for new guests. I sat in lobby until 5pm (cold, cloudy, windy, classrooms all occupied) and I overheard desk attendents say nobody was checking in-so they could have let me stay in the room while they cleaned ones that the 100 other attendees checked out of: Lacks customer service training! There was a computer in lobby I tried to use but desk clerks didn't know how to "get access". Guess they are so busy they don't need to make customers happy.

The kitchen and dining area staff were all friendly and effecient and the food was good. Staff at gym, pool, grounds keepers also were friendly.

Room Tip: Could hear people talking/walking in halls, baby crying. Possibly condo's and Sunday Houses woul...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear KarieSue,
We appreciate that you took the time to review your stay. We share in your disappointment with the service you received from our front desk staff. Your review has been sent to our General Manager so this can be investigated and the appropriate action will take place. As mentioned in our private message sent to you, we want to do everything we can to rectify your experience.
Please contact me personally should you decide to come back. We would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back and show you the service and experience we strive to give each one of our guests.
Sarah Persyn
T Bar M Resort
sarah@tbarm.com
Coppell, Texas
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is a great family vacation spot! We've stayed here on 3 different occasions and have thoroughly enjoyed it each time. Beautiful grounds, nice pool, great food at the outdoor grill. So much to do -- putting green, bikes, lawn games, tennis, rec center. Rates are reasonable and a full hot breakfast is included. They usually serve eggs, bacon or sausage, sometimes biscuits and gravy, sometimes waffles. It's usually all good, but I'm not a big fan of the Kolaches. Overall, a great value and a wonderful place to make fun family memories!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
TBar M, T Bar M Resort & Conference Team at T Bar M Camps & Retreats, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Jennifer A,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you keep coming back year after year.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

T Bar M Resort & Conference