“Totally Wonderful!”

Museum Of Texas Handmade Furniture
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This was the whole reason we went to New Braunfels! It might not be interesting if you don't like furniture, but if you do wood working or carving, this is a great place! You go on a guided tour through a house and a wood shop. The tour guide tells you about the furniture and the makers (New Braunfels residents who the current residents are quite proud of) and you can ask any question you want. Our guide, Francis, was very knowledgeable! They have great examples of furniture from when the area was first being settled, and the workshop has all of the old tools. It's really neat! They also have a summer kitchen that's cute.

3  Thank Amanda S

Reviewed 15 April 2014

German heritage and preservation at its best. Tour the facility, see how New Braunfels was in the beginning, and try to attend Folk Fest in April. You won't be disappointed.]

1  Thank Nana7707
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This little museum complex is full of beautifully hand-crafted furniture from the 19th and early 20th century. Mostly made in Texas by German craftsmen.

1  Thank GAlexD
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Today I went my my son to a field trip in the Heritage Village. The men and women who worked here were very helpful and patient with the fourth graders. The children were able to make dip candles and learned how to sew a button to a piece of fabric. They were then able to take home what they made. One little boy said it was the best field trip he had been on! As we have taken these kids to the zoo and other museums before I knew this was a high compliment. I am unsure if this is something that all visitors can do, but my son requested that we go back!

A side note, the restrooms were very clean and handicap accessible. The only drawback I would wwarn visitors unfamiliar with the area about is the stickers! These are annoying and I would warn people to wear tennis shoes and NOT sandals like I did!

3  Thank Andrea S
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Extremely interesting museum of handmade Texas furniture. Docents are well informed and give an interesting tour. The Director is engaging and seems dedicated.

3  Thank ctheusa46