Do not have any type of venue here! They cannot handle it. They promise, make you sign a contract, and do not deliver. They also follow you around, deny you amenities, and charge you exhorbitant amounts for things that were "damaged". We rented the entire place for my daughter's wedding. We were so excited, they didn't ruin the experience, just put quite a dent in the experience. The Owner, Front Desk Clerk and the Owner's father are not acquainted with the hospitality business and what it entails. I recommend a "Hotel Impossible" visit! We were so disappointed. I read the reviews and was excited, touted it for quite a while. So sad that it's the place to remember for a wedding. I recommend a "Hotel Impossible" visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Gruene, with Guadalupe River access, this 14 room, boutique retreat provides a truly unique vacation or corporate retreat guest experience. Walk down to the river from the backyard or stroll through the historic district's amazing shops and restaurants, and kick up your heels to live music at Texas' oldest dance hall. Enjoy a complimentary wine happy hour each evening, and come to the table hungry in the morning for a fabulous gourmet breakfast buffet. For a romantic getaway, business retreat or fun weekend of dining, dancing, shopping and sight seeing, the Gruene River Hotel and Retreat! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Gruene Apple Hotel New Braunfels
- Gruene Apple Bed And Breakfast
- Gruene River Hotel & Retreat New Braunfels, Texas