You can't go wrong with Gruene Apple B&B!
We didn't have a reservation & happened to pass by then call for same-day accommodations. To say we got lucky to snag a room is an understatement!
Everyone we encountered was friendly, & good old-fashioned customer service was definitely #1.
The outside: attractive, very well manicured & quaint; fairly recent construction & built specifically for use as a B&B; convenient location/easy walking distance to unique shops & live music; it was too chilly for a dip in the pool, but the fact that a pool is there is a plus in my book; river views from rear rooms are so nice, & we enjoyed sitting on our private balcony.
The inside: cleaner than clean; beautiful common area; nice features like an elevator, rec room complete w/foosball, pool table, movie room, games, etc.; charming options for private rooms (we stayed in the western/cowboy room & loved the copper tub, paintings & country decor); lots of comfortable areas to sit & relax; player piano downstairs.
Last but not least, the breakfast was amazing. Homemade & tasty - I even bought their cookbook. It's served buffet style, & there are options for everyone from healthy to need-a-nap immediately after.
Nothing is perfect, but the only improvement I'd make is extra insulation between rooms. We could hear talking from the neighbors on one side. Just something to consider if you're either going to make a lot of noise or are sensitive to inconsiderate neighbors.
I'm a former Texas resident, enjoy the southern part of the state & plan to return for vacation annually. Gruene Apple is exactly where I'll stay on return trips & have already started looking at the calendar to make a reservation for fall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Gruene, with Guadalupe River access, this 14 room, boutique retreat provides a truly unique vacation or corporate retreat guest experience. Walk down to the river from the backyard or stroll through the historic district's amazing shops and restaurants, and kick up your heels to live music at Texas' oldest dance hall. Enjoy a complimentary wine happy hour each evening, and come to the table hungry in the morning for a fabulous gourmet breakfast buffet. For a romantic getaway, business retreat or fun weekend of dining, dancing, shopping and sight seeing, the Gruene River Hotel and Retreat! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Gruene Apple Hotel New Braunfels
- Gruene Apple Bed And Breakfast
- Gruene River Hotel & Retreat New Braunfels, Texas